Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Here's one of my favorites, which I just posted in WHAYWT, a suede Bailey U-Rollit.

7e36d876b5a980d19d252152680b2f82.jpg

You wear a Western very well. Looks on you JG. A real desperado.

I bought it on eBay thinking it was misdescribed. I didn't like it until I put the snakeskin band on, but now it's one of my favorites. Makes me feel like wrestling gators.

You wear a Western very well. Looks good on you JG. A real desperado.

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Can't remember if I've posted this. It's a true Silverbelly (grey) Stetson 25, received open crown in original box, which I shaped after a Hank Williams album cover. The album cover shown here is not the one I used, but looks like the same hat.

896c194f8826e97a6a4d8bfc51dfd3fc.jpg

6b67ec20a7ff9e6707722e4b4bd9167b.jpg

01b3e4966015a3f5f2e538129e17b83b.jpg

Looking at the album cover now, I'm thinking maybe I should have squared the pinch a bit more.

Last edited:

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
image.jpg

One for Joao, 5 1/4" crown, 4 3/8" brim to edge of curl, flattened it would be 4 7/8". I'm thinking of cutting the brim back, removing the curl. Made by Jackson Hole Hat Co. in Co.

have several other large westerns.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
One for Joao, 5 1/4" crown, 4 3/8" brim to edge of curl, flattened it would be 4 7/8". I'm thinking of cutting the brim back, removing the curl. Made by Jackson Hole Hat Co. in Co.
Well it's your hat. You can do whatever you want with it, I can't stop you.

I say leave the curl. Looks great as is. Or at least iron it out and not cut it so you keep the extra brim length, right Joao?
I think the same but not my hat and I can't stop him.
That on my eyes it would be a pity to trim it's brim, that is true, it looks really nice as it is.
You can always crease it several times but not replace what's been cut out.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Okay, since I haven't worn it in years I'll leave it as is. Here's another, not quite as tall made by Tom Hirt. I did trim the brim on this one, also had a curl and do wear this one occassionally.
image.jpg

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
I would wear the other one with the curl, not this one.

I know Joao, I posted it with you in mind. I have several others of differing period style that I had made specifically for when I was more involved in cowboy action shooting, regrettably less so these days and that's the reason I trimmed the brim on the second hat I posted. I do have many more contemporary western hats that I wear often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran