Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Thundercolt

One of the Regulars
How much detail we can see.
More pictures please!
Here you go,
LawDog_sm_zpsklchmggg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Joao!
Not the wide brimmed hat that Hollywood depicts Wyatt Earp wearing in all the westerns, but a flat top Bowler style with a 3" brim and a pencil curled edge.
In the famous photo "Dodge City Peace Commission" taken in 1883, which was 2 years after the Tombstone gun fight, Wyatt is wearing this style hat pushed up on his head (as they did for photographs back then, so the persons face wasn't shaded). http://dodgecitypeacecommission.com/
The top of the hat has often been mistaken for being round in the "Dodge City Peace Commission" photo, because of the angle he's wearing the hat for the photo, being pushed back farther than normally worn.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Not the wide brimmed hat that Hollywood depicts Wyatt Earp wearing in all the westerns, but a flat top Bowler style with a 3" brim and a pencil curled edge.
In the famous photo "Dodge City Peace Commission" taken in 1883, which was 2 years after the Tombstone gun fight, Wyatt is wearing this style hat pushed up on his head (as they did for photographs back then, so the persons face wasn't shaded). http://dodgecitypeacecommission.com/
The top of the hat has often been mistaken for being round in the "Dodge City Peace Commission" photo, because of the angle he's wearing the hat for the photo, being pushed back farther than normally worn.

Nice crown!
The brim size is the issue (for me ;))

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Thanks buddy. It definitely isn't wool. I would say that it's more than likely rabbit felt. They're nice hats, for sure. Hard to beat a Resistol when it comes to westerns.

Thanks guys. I have a couple of Resistol Westerns and really like them. I have seen quite a few Stagecoaches for sale on Ebay and was curious about them. Might get one. :)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. I have a couple of Resistol Westerns and really like them. I have seen quite a few Stagecoaches for sale on Ebay and was curious about them. Might get one. :)

Stagecoaches are pretty nice. They're also a favorite for doing hat conversions because of their tall crowns and felt quality.

Here's a Stagecoach that was converted to an Indy style fedora

Indy_Hat_02.jpg

Indy_Hat_01.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I have a... collection of Resistol Stagecoach hats.
I believe I have 7! (8 if Terry decides to give me his boring silverbelly Stagecoach ;))

I have 5 Stagecoaches. Although I have a couple of other silverbellys that I'd consider trading off. One's a Royal Stetson Open Road clone and the other is a Knox 15 Westlite, also an open road clone. The RS has a 2 1/2 brim width which I'm not too fond of. The Knox is too snug on me.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I have 5 Stagecoaches. Although I have a couple of other silverbellys that I'd consider trading off. One's a Royal Stetson Open Road clone and the other is a Knox 15 Westlite, also an open road clone. The RS has a 2 1/2 brim width which I'm not too fond of. The Knox is too snug on me.
OR's have stingy brim. No fit for me.

ingineer

One Too Many
NOS 10X obvious Beaver Brand marked Hoglunds Western Wear.
4 inch brim about 6 inch crown.
i think i'll leave this as is, well maybe a tycoon crease

colour best shown top pic

ingineer

One Too Many
Adrian;
Glad you like it.
You should not have any problem finding an inexpensive one with your 57 hat size.
Even vintage.
The hat has what i call a "Canadian" crease also called a brick or bullrider etc.
Seems very popular crease in the pacific northwest

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran