Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
8b279675f59a003226be3f26a801c689.jpg
Just got done working on this rose colored round up, found it on Craigslist and got it done up for my girl. Added a blue jay feather just for kicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latigo

Familiar Face
Hat0snap.jpg
Hat3snap.jpg
Hatnfsnap.jpg
@AlexTheApache Snow in Texas?!! Nice!

Well Gents after reading the Teardrop Workshop..

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/teardrop-workshop.38228/

I thought I would try it myself. The infamous brownish green hat being the one to try it on.
The first picture is the one from ebay when I bought it...doesn't look green does it?
Second picture is after with flash and third is without flash and you can see it's true color.

Well....what do you think?...

Latigo

Sure is Bob, glad you like it.... I make a fuss about it being green but it's kind of growing on me. I call it my "Alpine" hat. :)

I think it looks good.
The color it all depends on cameras, color balance and light.

Looks the same. Marked 3X?

Yeah ... the color can vary quite a bit. The first is what it looked like on the auction site (I bought it with two Akubra Cattleman hats as a lot). The second is more realistic.

35341224355_cd9f3ca7f1_z.jpg

35341180185_d20cffac23_z.jpg

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
View attachment 76894 View attachment 76895 View attachment 76896 @AlexTheApache Snow in Texas?!! Nice!

Well Gents after reading the Teardrop Workshop..

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/teardrop-workshop.38228/

I thought I would try it myself. The infamous brownish green hat being the one to try it on.
The first picture is the one from ebay when I bought it...doesn't look green does it?
Second picture is after with flash and third is without flash and you can see it's true color.

Well....what do you think?...

Latigo

Hah snow in Texas? I wish. This was up in Wyoming where Hondo and I did day work in early spring. Love American Hat Co. they make up most of my collection. Nice hat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latigo

Familiar Face
@BobHufford Yes, it's a 3x, got to be the same hat! Nice transformation you did on yours too!
@Joao Encarnado Your right and I think these pictures really show the changes with different lighting..

@AlexTheApache I love American Hat Company too. It's my favorite, though most of them are Resistol and a Stetson or two. I wear a long oval and Resistol and American come that way as a standard but Stetson's are regular oval as standard. Stetson did make LO but you have to find one marked that way. I have used a LO stretcher to make a regular oval fit but it's a hassle.

I lived in Ft. Worth many years ago and it did snow there ONCE! Gone the next day...

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Latigo

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I had one of those "greenish" colored Hats years ago . I thought it was a Stetson , but I can't recall . The guts including the sweat came out , and it disappeared before I could get it back from the Ex's . I liked the color . I think it was from the late 70s , maybe early 80s .

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
@Latigo my favorite American (non grizzly at least) is my 20x in black. Just a classic black cowboy hat I wear for most formal events. My beater black hat is a Resistol Black gold. . I also really like the original yellow boxes Americans used to come in.
Never owned an American Hat. I have several Resistols, Stetsons, Akubra, custom made...
I used to wear a Resistol Black Gold every day, very nice felt but since I discovered the taller crowns I put it aside. I even have a Resistol Brown Gold.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I had one of those "greenish" colored Hats years ago . I thought it was a Stetson , but I can't recall . The guts including the sweat came out , and it disappeared before I could get it back from the Ex's . I liked the color . I think it was from the late 70s , maybe early 80s .
My only greenish hat is a Stetson-Winchester 3x beaver. It's the one you could buy with a Winchester rifle.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
My only greenish hat is a Stetson-Winchester 3x beaver. It's the one you could buy with a Winchester rifle.

That's Cool Joao . I know Marlboro had a thing that you could enter several years ago , I think Marlboro Man something , and you could win a Marlboro Man Stetson . They gave several away . The grand prize winner won a trip to Montana , Stetson , and everything . I can't recall how many Stetsons they gave as prizes . I saw a guy on Ebay selling one , he won the grand prize . I think he was from Tennessee somewhere . I can't remember if the Hat was a 4X or what .

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
That's Cool Joao . I know Marlboro had a thing that you could enter several years ago , I think Marlboro Man something , and you could win a Marlboro Man Stetson . They gave several away . The grand prize winner won a trip to Montana , Stetson , and everything . I can't recall how many Stetsons they gave as prizes . I saw a guy on Ebay selling one , he won the grand prize . I think he was from Tennessee somewhere . I can't remember if the Hat was a 4X or what .
I've seen something like "Marlboro Stetson" on ebay but never knew the connection.
I thought it was something like my Resistol-Staples.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot