Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

With all the cold and snow around here......I thought I would show off my palm leaf beauty.....Summer will come eventually and then we can dream of our felts......
M
20180212_163657.jpg
20180212_163705.jpg
20180212_163741.jpg
20180212_163721.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Nicely done! Looks great!
Had a skiff of snow last night but all melted off in the sun this morning. Windy and still chilly.

New hat is tucked on good :)

Winchester silver belly 100% beaver blank, 5" open derby crown, 5.25" unbound brim, latigo hat band and a engraved sterling silver Chicago screw holding it all together. Undyed leather sweat band and a silk liner to fill 'er up. This one is a week old.

Yahoody

One Too Many
I'm with you Joao! I have smaller brimmed hats and have used them a lot. But my preference in sunny country where we are now is a bigger brim. Only the wind can drive me back to a smaller hat these days. Luckily we don't have that much wind or at least not many windy days nice enough I want to go out in it :) Really hard to pull much more than 5" out of what is available in a 100% beaver hat body these days if you have a head over much over a 7 1/4, 58, 23". Seems the more natural colors run a little bigger, where a 5 1/4 or with some real effort a 5.5" might be possible when you are lucky. Black bodies seem to be hard pressed to get 5". Either way, sadly, those 100% beaver blanks put any current Stetson to shame.

Just blocked a new black body last night....I got 5" for sure. May be even 5.25" if I am lucky. But the body is magnificent! Not done pouncing yet and it already feels like silk mid only way through.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I'm with you Joao! I have smaller brimmed hats and have used them a lot. But my preference in sunny country where we are now is a bigger brim. Only the wind can drive me back to a smaller hat these days. Luckily we don't have that much wind or at least not many windy days nice enough I want to go out in it :) Really hard to pull much more than 5" out of what is available in a 100% beaver hat body these days if you have a head over much over a 7 1/4, 58, 23". Seems the more natural colors run a little bigger, where a 5 1/4 or with some real effort a 5.5" might be possible when you are lucky. Black bodies seem to be hard pressed to get 5". Either way, sadly, those 100% beaver blanks put any current Stetson to shame.

Just blocked a new black body last night....I got 5" for sure. May be even 5.25" if I am lucky. But the body is magnificent! Not done pouncing yet and it already feels like silk mid only way through.
Where do you buy your hat bodies?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I spent Sunday afternoon making a few ribbons. Here is my 4x Stetson with the wide ribbon. I could not find the color I wanted, so I over dyed a lighter ribbon.
b3fad600ec6cc4782d1e4ca16095b884.jpg
724dd3aa7526aee8bc43a557c11f8382.jpg
2c1410cc74f030b4179a8b586aa2f424.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Greetings DD et al:
Dd that hat looks like a museum piece! Super super ribbon job! I bet in the bright sun that one has some real color character! I love this thread! Makes me wanna “go West young (old) man”.
Be well. Bowen

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Greetings DD et al:
Dd that hat looks like a museum piece! Super super ribbon job! I bet in the bright sun that one has some real color character! I love this thread! Makes me wanna “go West young (old) man”.
Be well. Bowen
Thanks Bowen! It does have color change, which I thought I might loose when I dyed it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko