Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Don't remember when I found this Miller Bros 3X western.Was going to do a conversion...But I'm going to keep it as a western.Going to change the ribbon and do a different crease.
OrTfnAo.jpg
Wj8sTlx.jpg
7TH6kRS.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't remember when I found this Miller Bros 3X western.Was going to do a conversion...But I'm going to keep it as a western.Going to change the ribbon and do a different crease.
OrTfnAo.jpg
Wj8sTlx.jpg
7TH6kRS.jpg
That is a very good looking western hat. I think it's a good choice taking this one in that direction. Would like to see what you do with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Greetings All:
I have a question for the experts, or whomever. Might be dumb but i’m used to it so.....
Are Biltmore westerns any good? What do you all think about them? I ask because i bought one while on vacation out west, Colorado, Wyoming etc, a few years ago, ha, 1981-82. I did get a wife out of the deal too. Still Have the hat!!
Be well. Bowen

Greetings All:
I have a question for the experts, or whomever. Might be dumb but i’m used to it so.....
Are Biltmore westerns any good? What do you all think about them? I ask because i bought one while on vacation out west, Colorado, Wyoming etc, a few years ago, ha, 1981-82. I did get a wife out of the deal too. Still Have the hat!!
Be well. Bowen
My wife has a Biltmore Western, it's a large brim high crown in a deep Gus crease. It's a very respectable hat. The bottom line is, if you like it, it's good.
I had my wife before the hat, though.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Greetings All:
Be well. Bowen

I'm no expert , but I think Biltmore makes Miller Brothers Hats , and the ones I've seen are great . Someone else will know .

I don't know if it's really a western or just a fedora with a very wide brim.
It all started with some cowboys after weeks of heavy rain......they met this man in a derby who was from New York City, he asked them , "Where did you get those wonderful soft felt hats?".....AND....the Fedora was born!!!!!!
Cheers,
M

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
It all started with some cowboys after weeks of heavy rain......they met this man in a derby who was from New York City, he asked them , "Where did you get those wonderful soft felt hats?".....AND....the Fedora was born!!!!!!
Cheers,
M
It's not that. The Biltmore I have it's not a western weight felt, it's very light, more of a fedora weight, but it have a 3 3/4" brim.

Cheers,
M

It's not that. The Biltmore I have it's not a western weight felt, it's very light, more of a fedora weight, but it have a 3 3/4" brim.

My comment really was not about your Biltmore or any particular hat really.....somehow your words made me think of how hats develop and become what they are and it made me think about actual stories and old tales I have heard similar to my quote.....in many ways an American Fedora is little more than a soft western hat.................
Don't ask me how the American Homburg came to be........ but it involved a German in the Chicago wind wearing a derby and his cane....;);););)
Best,
M:)

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My comment really was not about your Biltmore or any particular hat really.....somehow your words made me think of how hats develop and become what they are and it made me think about actual stories and old tales I have heard similar to my quote.....in many ways an American Fedora is little more than a soft western hat.................
Don't ask me how the American Homburg came to be........ but it involved a German in the Chicago wind wearing a derby and his cane....;);););)
Best,
M:)
I enjoyed your story, I appreciate the good tall tale! It's fun to speculate how things came to be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mustang Mike's Hats

A-List Customer
Picked up a Silver Belly Biltmore at an Antique store a couple of months back for about $25. Swapped out the sweatband, added a grosgrain ribbon hatband gave it a good steam cleaning and after reshaping it, I put it on display and resold it for $120.00 to a cowboy action shooter. It was a fun project and well worth the effort. Had it been in my size, I'd have probably kept it and worn the darn thing!! Here's a pic of my brother -in -law wearing it after I finished it up.

biltmore_FIX.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner