Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Here's the Thoroughbred 10X Longhair conversion I was working on. I'm not going to post it in the Conversion Corral because I'm still undecided on what I actually want to do with it. As far as the conversion itself, it came out fine, but the hat for some reason just doesn't sit well with me. I detest the color, for one. But that doesn't mean it isn't the perfect hat for somebody else. It does sit on the head nice and comfortable, though. Anyway, here it is....

Thoroughbred-7-A.jpg

I still have to iron out the ribbon...
Thoroughbred-8-A.jpg

Here's a better look at the Longhair texture...
Thoroughbred-9-A.jpg

On the head....
Thoroughbred-10-A.jpg
Excellent work Terry.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Ps: what kinda toe is that on those killer boots??

Thank you, B. I've referenced em' here somewhere before but I'll post detail pics tomorrow of a rhino toe. Few makers offer it and this boot is a good example. The Dorer is a good hat. I like this one because it's in great shape, was sold through Orvis (I've never even seen another), 100% beaver that sells for $500 new and it's my best $50 hat.

Happy afternoon & if I say don't do anything I wouldn't do, that leaves the field wide open! I have no first hand experience with Dorer but that is a great hat!

HJ, I'm happy to have it and I think it will stand up to whatever. The sweat is unique but not the best you or I have. The finish leaves a lot to be desired but they didn't stuff the crown with stiffener so it's malleable and you've seen the brim changes as well.

The Bar 50 is a great choice as your BARely past 50, right? Afternoon adventure? Sounds like someone is going to have a very Happy Birthday. I sure hope you do... (be careful with the hat).

Thanks, Bob. No harm came to the hat or I during the execution of this adventure. Very low key. Define 'barely'.

Happy Birthday Cuz! That's a fine looking Dorer for the occasion. Stay safe!
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cuz, a good cowboy hat, pulled down snug is better than the old "bump" caps that used to be sold. The hat kept my old ass intact as I rolled back home.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Gonna find out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So here's a picture of that Cavalry hat I picked up.

The current catalog says the crown height on the Cavalry is 4 1/4" but this one is closer to 4" (the to 'valley' of the front crease, not the maximal height), 3" brim. Anyway, posting because I'm pretty sure this is the same pre-creased block that they'd be using on the West Bound B, tapered center dent with no pinch. Pardon the millenial mirror selfie.

I like the lower crown, more akin to the Boss of the Plains profile than say, the high Rancher's crease hats from the 50's and 60's.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran