Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Going to meeting hat, adapted from a Borsalino "western model."

102618_1.jpg

102618_2.jpg
I like the block, the dimensions & the center crease. They always work well together in my view.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
West Bound B Royal Deluxe Chocolate

It's a lot of hat. The felt is heavier than my Premier Stratoliner Royal Deluxe, but about the same smoothness and feel. It is not as smooth and soft as my New York LE but still very nice.

The brim is 3 ½ inches to the curl in front and back, and 3 inches on the sides. The crown came creased in a simple center dent at 4 inches high in front and back, and 5 inches on the sides.

I think the frayed 1 ½ inch ribbon along with the second skinny ribbon is a nice touch.

I think my first Western is a success, but I could probably pull it off better in Santa Fe, than in San Francisco. I’m going to put on my Lucchese’s and hit the dusty trail in Oakland in a few hours anyway.

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

West Bound B Royal Deluxe Chocolate

It's a lot of hat. The felt is heavier than my Premier Stratoliner Royal Deluxe, but about the same smoothness and feel. It is not as smooth and soft as my New York LE but still very nice.

The brim is 3 ½ inches to the curl in front and back, and 3 inches on the sides. The crown came creased in a simple center dent at 4 inches high in front and back, and 5 inches on the sides.

I think the frayed 1 ½ inch ribbon along with the second skinny ribbon is a nice touch.

I think my first Western is a success, but I could probably pull it off better in Santa Fe, than in San Francisco. I’m going to put on my Lucchese’s and hit the dusty trail in Oakland in a few hours anyway.

View attachment 142463
View attachment 142464

Ah ha! It’s just a double ribbon wide brim homburg! ;)
It’s a good looking hat and the crown doesn’t seem as low as the catalog photos portray it. I’m curious to see more of it and I hope you can post additional photos of the hat in the wild. I’ve been thinking about this hat almost as long as @jlee562. Congratulations on the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Ah ha! It’s just a double ribbon wide brim homburg! ;)
It’s a good looking hat and the crown doesn’t seem as low as the catalog photos portray it. I’m curious to see more of it and I hope you can post additional photos of the hat in the wild. I’ve been thinking about this hat almost as long as @jlee562. Congratulations on the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm heading out wearing it now.
IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1542.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member