Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Just a quick visual comparison between the Stetson One-Hundred & the 7XCB OR after it arrived today. Better pics later.

IMG_2821.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just a quick visual comparison between the Stetson One-Hundred & the 7XCB OR after it arrived today. Better pics later.

View attachment 147073
I've noticed several people getting 7XCB and 100s lately. There must be a secret stash somewhere! Both are such nice hats.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to a comparison between my "100", the No.1Q & the Nutria. The "100" is a 2-3/4" brim, the No.1Q is a 3", & the Nutria is supposed to be a 3-1/8". Other than that the dimensions & blocking should be the same.

The Nutria should be out for delivery tomorrow.

Looking forward to that as well. All those look similar in blocking to my two 7's though I've not been able to find any numbers.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Interesting project. I’ve often wondered what are the real differences in, i’ll call it that class of hat. I don’t trust my own judgement and hearing others would be interesting and educational. I know there’s plenty nice examples and knowledge out there for it.
The Shudde Bros. hats intrigue me as some are branded straight Shudde and others like your 7x CB OR.
B

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I did a tad more tweaking on the brim to get a tighter curl on this 10X Thoroughbred. I was trying to get something similar to a 'general' hat style that I remember seeing on old T.V. and movie Westerns from the '50s and '60s. Pictures are also posted on WHAYWT thread...

Thoroughbred-Redo-11-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-9-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-10-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-4-A.jpg

On the head:
Thoroughbred-Redo-12-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-13-A.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member