Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

That Portis a such a good looking green!

I meant to mention that every time I pull this hat off the rack I'm reminded of the friends I've made here since joining and I don't think of you guys as "virtual Friends". I mention this because I haven't worn anything green, with the exception of the color in a stripe or plaid, since middle school. HJ pointed this hat out to me and encouraged me through my reluctance telling me, "it's rare, I think you'll like the color, you'll never see another one" and other things as well. I posted this hat in my Top Ten List awhile back and though I have other hats that have filled spots since then, this one still makes the list. Some times you gotta listen to friends.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, Ddog. I posted the boots in the cowboy boot thread some time ago but this is only the second or third time I've worn them outside the house. They are a two piece (true Wellington) boot. Here's a couple pics.
View attachment 146397
View attachment 146398
Wow! Stove pipes Too! What a perfect profile. I love red and black together.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Actually, it does indeed have something of a greenish undertone. A bit of a grayish undertone, too. It could be Palomino. I wouldn't know absolutely for sure since the ink on the manufacturer's label which would have identified the color has worn off. But I'm inclined to think it may be Silverbelly since the color is an exact match to a couple of my Silverbelly Resistols.
Palomino is a nice silver gray under most lighting conditions. It does remind me of what Silverbelly used to be before it became tannish most of the time. I have two hats in Palomino & I really like it.

What a hat! They never made me hungry before but this one makes me famished!!
I engineered, in my brain, bending up one of my daughter’s. Then i woke up.
B
I think I could change up the crease a bit & make a 1920's BRE clone if I had an iron.

IMG_2800.jpg

It's an Akubra Woomera & started life looking like this:

IMG_8624.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

I meant to mention that every time I pull this hat off the rack I'm reminded of the friends I've made here since joining and I don't think of you guys as "virtual Friends". I mention this because I haven't worn anything green, with the exception of the color in a stripe or plaid, since middle school. HJ pointed this hat out to me and encouraged me through my reluctance telling me, "it's rare, I think you'll like the color, you'll never see another one" and other things as well. I posted this hat in my Top Ten List awhile back and though I have other hats that have filled spots since then, this one still makes the list. Some times you gotta listen to friends.
Thanks for the props, BB. That is a great hat & I'm glad you got it.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Palomino is a nice silver gray under most lighting conditions. It does remind me of what Silverbelly used to be before it became tannish most of the time. I have two hats in Palomino & I really like it.
Now that's interesting. I have two Resistols and two Bradfords that are of the silver / gray color you mentioned, and they're labeled Silverbelly. My Kevin McAndrew is just like them. Then I have another Resistol that's labeled Silverbelly and it has the beige / tannish color, and it looks to be a later make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy