Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Finally got around to a shape I can live with on this 'American Royal" 3X Stetson.
Looks pretty good BB. I like the look of a 5 & 6 cord ribbon; makes it look like a mid ribbon.

Stetson: The brim wouldn't support it's own weight before I applied a couple coats.
Didn't you have one of the twisted straw OR's?

The p/up pool will soon be open. Remember, always park with the bed downstream.
Redneck Hot Tub!

Here you go. No model listed but OR type dimensions at 2 3/4 x 4 at the dip and 5 at the side.
Maybe this is the one I thought I remembered instead of a twisted straw.

Looks pretty good BB. I like the look of a 5 & 6 cord ribbon; makes it look like a mid ribbon.

Thanks, HJ. Still a bit self conscious with it.

Redneck Hot Tub!

Need full sun.

Maybe this is the one I thought I remembered instead of a twisted straw.

That's it. I've had this one for several years and forgot about it last year until Sept. when I found it while putting away straws for the year.

Finally got around to a shape I can live with on this 'American Royal" 3X Stetson.
View attachment 168165 View attachment 168166 View attachment 168167 View attachment 168168
I actually ran into more verified information on this hat!!!! It is in fact a Stetson ARMINTO that was branded by the SHOP for the American Royal rather than being it's own custom order. The owner of this said his grandfather bought it in the early 60's....Has store label and everything!
I kind of wondered if the store branded one of their stock Stetsons and it indeed seems they did.
Really Cool Hat!!!!! And Greg, yours is fantastic!!!!!
Best,
M
Stetson 1.jpg
Stetson 2.jpg
stetson 3.jpg
Stetson 4.jpg
Stetson 5.jpg
Stetson 6.jpg

I actually ran into more verified information on this hat!!!! It is in fact a Stetson ARMINTO that was branded by the SHOP for the American Royal rather than being it's own custom order. The owner of this said his grandfather bought it in the early 60's....Has store label and everything!
I kind of wondered if the store branded one of their stock Stetsons and it indeed seems they did.
Really Cool Hat!!!!! And Greg, yours is fantastic!!!!!
Best,
M View attachment 168197 View attachment 168198 View attachment 168199 View attachment 168200 View attachment 168201 View attachment 168202

Thank you, Mark and thanks for the info. Seems the store wanted something that would stand out for the event. Don't figure a lot of these were stocked and sold regularly or we might have seen more of them. Probably promoted them prior to and during the event. Unusual hats.

That is a great hat!!! It fits you better than anything! Western hats get on your blood don't they?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks, Ed. Art made me another wonderful hat. I wouldn’t have guessed that I’d like western hats so much. As it turns out, I don’t care for the cowboy look, but the moderate brim westerns are about to overtake fedoras for me. I’m certain I’ll always like fedoras too, but westerns have indeed gotten under my skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spent an hour on the deck yesterday with this resistol Western, and then 20 minutes this morning with this well worn unspecified Stetson.

Always enjoy your hats, bman and no matter the style , it suits you. Or better yet, you suit it. That Stetson looks an awful lot like an NOR. I don't smoke them often but that looks like a crazy wrapper on that stick.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Always enjoy your hats, bman and no matter the style , it suits you. Or better yet, you suit it. That Stetson looks an awful lot like an NOR. I don't smoke them often but that looks like a crazy wrapper on that stick.

Thank you Bamaboots! I’m blanking on what the N stands for. I’m skeptical about the Stetson being an OR though, because the band is a 3 ply ribbon and seems to be original. I believe it might have been Hurricane Jack who once pointed out that it seems to have different blocking as well, though the brims are equal.
The sweatband indicates royal deluxe but there is no liner, and the run of color seems to be more saturated and yellow than any other ORs I’ve seen. OR 25 pictured in the background for reference.

bb1c0fa9960297f1a78cf65e266aeaf0.jpg

1c9e7b0677ef11981c818f913f54e76b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Bamaboots! I’m blanking on what the N stands for. I’m skeptical about the Stetson being an OR though, because the band is a 3 ply ribbon and seems to be original. I believe it might have been Hurricane Jack who once pointed out that it seems to have different blocking as well, though the brims are equal.
The sweatband indicates royal deluxe but there is no liner, and the run of color seems to be more saturated and yellow than any other ORs I’ve seen. OR 25 pictured in the background for reference.

bb1c0fa9960297f1a78cf65e266aeaf0.jpg

1c9e7b0677ef11981c818f913f54e76b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N is for Non/Not OR. I didn't see the 3 ply ribbon. Looks a lot like a No.1 that Jack has and similar in blocking and ribbon work to a 7X that I have. Great hat.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
My throughs exactlly. My Texas friends might disown me but my cowboy days are over. Westerns look much better to me.

Thanks, Ed. Art made me another wonderful hat. I wouldn’t have guessed that I’d like western hats so much. As it turns out, I don’t care for the cowboy look, but the moderate brim westerns are about to overtake fedoras for me. I’m certain I’ll always like fedoras too, but westerns have indeed gotten under my skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points