Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Santa Fe Monte Cristi....global warming edition, lol ;)
sf3_grimedited.jpg
sf3_grimedited.jpg
sf1_edited.jpg
sf2.jpg
sf4.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I'm kind of bummed out that I couldn't keep the 4 inch brim on this Resistol. For one, it had a couple of moth nips on the very edge that I couldn't live with and the brim came out just a hair uneven when I changed the open crown shape. It wouldn't have been noticeable unless I pointed it out but I would have known there was a little uneveness to the brim and it would have bugged me to death. Besides, to me, the 4 inch brim was just too much hat for this Whiskey colored western. I trimmed the brim down to 3 1/2 inches and I'll still keep it Western. I also made it a longhair. Here's what I have so far. I still have to sew in the sweat, crease the crown, and reshape the brim...the crown crease that's in it now is only a temporary dry crease. It should come out looking pretty good when I'm finished...

Whiskey-3-X-Resistol-3-A.jpg

Temporary dry crease: I'll more than likely make the pinch a bit tighter...
Whiskey-3-X-Resistol-1-A.jpg

Everything that was original to this Resistol will go back in the hat.

Robieman

A-List Customer
I'm kind of bummed out that I couldn't keep the 4 inch brim on this Resistol. For one, it had a couple of moth nips on the very edge that I couldn't live with and the brim came out just a hair uneven when I changed the open crown shape. It wouldn't have been noticeable unless I pointed it out but I would have known there was a little uneveness to the brim and it would have bugged me to death. Besides, to me, the 4 inch brim was just too much hat for this Whiskey colored western. I trimmed the brim down to 3 1/2 inches and I'll still keep it Western. I also made it a longhair. Here's what I have so far. I still have to sew in the sweat, crease the crown, and reshape the brim...the crown crease that's in it now is only a temporary dry crease. It should come out looking pretty good when I'm finished...

I think it looks pretty dern good myself

Wyldkarma

One Too Many

Wow, another fine looking re-construction. Great job Terry.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my No. 1 Quality Stetson refurb. This is the smallest hat that I sized up and reworked. I blocked this one up five sizes to fit me. I lost 3/4 of brim from 4 inches to 3 1/4 inches in the size up but I was still able to keep it Western.

No-1-and-Ray-Ban-3-B.jpg

Nothin' like good ol' Country and Western jukebox music to wear our hats by!

Guy Mitchell and Ray Price singing two different versions of "Heartaches by the Number"

Looks great, Terry. I prefer the 3.5” brim on westerns myself. I know whiskey isn’t your favorite color but it looks great to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy