Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That one will give plenty of shade. That is a very unique hat, Brent, very nice!

Clearwater Hat Company Plantation rebuilt by VS:

f12713b988ac506644076611d308a276.jpg

d865b637c753dd3ff5bd7db63a0a399b.jpg

a669e75c916fdc252af969e2d70c5670.jpg

1e52d46e9b0dfe83e4528f0e9df7b9c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A beast of a hat and one of the few longhairs I would wear. Just something! Great with your collar points and your recent find of beads.
Thanks very much Greg. The points are an unusual design, with a post and anchor like a tie tack behind... quite a bear to get on but very comfortable and secure when you do. Have to wear them more often. Belated happy birthday to you, too.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Well, what other size 7 did you think was gonna pick this one up from Garrett?

Store imprint is of Visalia Stock and Saddle. This business still exists, although its been bought and sold many times over, and hopped the border into Oregon. The original business was started by three Mexican immigrants in 1869 in the town of Visalia, apparently innovating a style of Vaquero saddle. The business was sold to one D.E. Walker, whose nephew moved the business to San Francisco. The original location appears to have been 221 California st, but I've found more references to the 2123 Market St location which they moved into in 1919. That location is called New Era Hall, still stands today, and is designated as a historical landmark by the city. The company moved to Sacramento in 1950. No luck finding a contemporary picture of the business.

There are some catalogs that have been helpfully uploaded by the California State Library, unfortunately after a quick scan, I cannot find any definitive dates. This one did however, include an ad for my Junior Cowboy, which I've apparently restored to its original configuration with the Gus crease.

Last edited:

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Store imprint is of Visalia Stock and Saddle. This business still exists, although its been bought and sold many times over, and hopped the border into Oregon. The original business was started by three Mexican immigrants in 1869 in the town of Visalia, apparently innovating a style of Vaquero saddle. The business was sold to one D.E. Walker, whose nephew moved the business to San Francisco. The original location appears to have been 221 California st, but I've found more references to the 2123 Market St location. That location is called New Era Hall, still stands today, and is designated as a historical landmark by the city. The company moved to Sacramento in 1950. No luck finding a contemporary picture of the business.

There are some catalogs that have been helpfully uploaded by the California State Library, unfortunately after a quick scan, I cannot find any definitive dates. This one did however, include an ad for my Junior Cowboy, which I've apparently restored to its original configuration with the Gus crease.

What a great looking hat! I like everything about it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Store imprint is of Visalia Stock and Saddle. This business still exists, although its been bought and sold many times over, and hopped the border into Oregon. The original business was started by three Mexican immigrants in 1869 in the town of Visalia, apparently innovating a style of Vaquero saddle. The business was sold to one D.E. Walker, whose nephew moved the business to San Francisco. The original location appears to have been 221 California st, but I've found more references to the 2123 Market St location. That location is called New Era Hall, still stands today, and is designated as a historical landmark by the city. The company moved to Sacramento in 1950. No luck finding a contemporary picture of the business.

Killer hat Jared. Oddly, I have a hat from Visalia also. Thanks for all the info.

Last edited:

J Williams

Practically Family

Store imprint is of Visalia Stock and Saddle. This business still exists, although its been bought and sold many times over, and hopped the border into Oregon. The original business was started by three Mexican immigrants in 1869 in the town of Visalia, apparently innovating a style of Vaquero saddle. The business was sold to one D.E. Walker, whose nephew moved the business to San Francisco. The original location appears to have been 221 California st, but I've found more references to the 2123 Market St location which they moved into in 1919. That location is called New Era Hall, still stands today, and is designated as a historical landmark by the city. The company moved to Sacramento in 1950. No luck finding a contemporary picture of the business.

Sweet! This makes me wonder if I should have left my 3 ply ribbon on! Good thing I’ve still got it. Old westerns are truly my favourite. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great one from Garrett. Interesting that you found something on the Junior Cowboy. That may help establish the time frame. I've been wondering about that since a Stetson Junior Tom Mix recently surfaced.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
What a great looking hat! I like everything about it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Killer hat Jared. Oddly, I have a hat from Visalia also. Thanks for all the info.

Sweet! This makes me wonder if I should have left my 3 ply ribbon on! Good thing I’ve still got it. Old westerns are truly my favourite. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great one from Garrett. Interesting that you found something on the Junior Cowboy. That may help establish the time frame. I've been wondering about that since a Stetson Junior Tom Mix recently surfaced.

Thanks for the kind comments, all. There is some slight mothing and a bit of staining at the front, but nothing too obvious. I brushed it up a bit and took a few passes with the white hat sponge.

Peeked behind the sweat, 52 block! No wonder I liked it. Also found some newspaper tucked behind the sweat. No dates, but Transatlantic Tunnel was a 1935 film.

Thanks for the kind comments, all. There is some slight mothing and a bit of staining at the front, but nothing too obvious. I brushed it up a bit and took a few passes with the white hat sponge.

Peeked behind the sweat, 52 block! No wonder I liked it. Also found some newspaper tucked behind the sweat. No dates, but Transatlantic Tunnel was a 1935 film.

10 cents for a movie? Unbelievable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy