Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

American Hat Company:

7420a84d576d43ebed919ea193a02fd1.jpg

4c21525edeed0f8267f802df6a862ef9.jpg

2f41b85e655ba08056502375f25a7bac.jpg

1482327defde12961d3f231cacd6ae20.jpg

06a0f581f5d27d29c133873e6368db01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's your take on this one, Brent? I've seen their straws up close, but never anything felt. They're mighty proud of them new.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It’s alright, Dale, but nothing special. I like the crown shape on this hat a lot, but the felt quality is about like you’d expect from a 1960s 4X. I have two from the company and I bought them both used. There’s no way I’d pay their retail prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like a great way to end the decade, Cuz, and looking sharp while you did it.

Thanks, Cuz it was and I hope you enjoyed your time in the Capital city. Always enjoy seeing that jacket out and about.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Here's a quick and easy rework I did on an O'Farrell. I reblocked this one up two sizes, reshaped the brim, and just put a simple knotted thin ribbon on it. Not much back pain to work on this one. It's fashioned after some of the old T.V. Westerns hats of the '50s and '60s that I remember watching when I was a kid back in the day....

O-Farrell-2-A.jpg

O-Farrell-3-A.jpg

'Maverick' with James Garner was always my favorite T.V. Western.

Maverick-Silverbelly.jpg

Here's a quick and easy rework I did on an O'Farrell. I reblocked this one up two sizes, reshaped the brim, and just put a simple knotted thin ribbon on it. Not much back pain to work on this one. It's fashioned after some of the old T.V. Westerns hats of the '50s and '60s that I remember watching when I was a kid back in the day....

O-Farrell-2-A.jpg

O-Farrell-3-A.jpg

'Maverick' with James Garner was always my favorite T.V. Western.

Maverick-Silverbelly.jpg
Nice work on that one TJ! You nailed the look!

Thanks Perry. It was a nice little road trip. Hope the holidays were good to you and yours and 2020 is full of blessings....for you and for all of us.

Thanks Dale, same to you. BTW for you and those that are interested, a good book about Hank Williams is "Hank" by Mark Ribowsky. I just listened to it on Audible a couple of months ago.

Thanks Dale, same to you. BTW for you and those that are interested, a good book about Hank Williams is "Hank" by Mark Ribowsky. I just listened to it on Audible a couple of months ago.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points