Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

I deleted my admitted mistaken post.

Putting the "Sandhiller" back...

upload_2020-3-26_13-35-33.png

upload_2020-3-26_13-38-33.png

upload_2020-3-26_13-35-53.png

upload_2020-3-26_13-39-4.png

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Well, Ross it’s it’s not a 1941 D-28 though it’s a great box and your manly footwear would need an upgrade but you’re seriously channeling some Hank. Great pics and look.

Thank you BB! My 1936 0-18 is about all my shoulder and checkbook will allow from Martins golden era but it sings amazingly well for its size. I have thought about boots for while but I’m very overwhelmed and have no idea where to begin, might have to start looking back on your posts for inspiration! Cheers

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Love that 18. I wish I could afford something from that era. Although I’m happy with my D16.
If your interested in looking at boots. I recommend Made in the USA.
Start with Lucchese. (The gold Standard IMHO)
BlackJack, Paul Bond are some others. it can be quite a journey

Appreciate the suggestion, been lurking GW and there’s always a handful on there but would like to make sure they’d fit! Will peep Lucchese for sure

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thank you BB! My 1936 0-18 is about all my shoulder and checkbook will allow from Martins golden era but it sings amazingly well for its size. I have thought about boots for while but I’m very overwhelmed and have no idea where to begin, might have to start looking back on your posts for inspiration! Cheers
Oh Ross, by all means visit the different boot threads here. You can thank me/cuss me later.
Here at the lounge you will learn from those that know. And if not glitzy enough, step over to Farcebook for the glamor pics.
Not to offend but the sheer scope of duckbill fancy hides shudder the mind.
Be advised....hats are less a $ drain. Imho
I’ll not start about jackets. Lol
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hey Bob:
I meant to thank you for re-installing the Sandhiller. Also the added history was a treat to have. That hat is a special hat at my house not just because of it’s rarity or quality but because it represents a fellowship found often on the lounge in juxtaposition to most things “out there”.
I’d get more pics of Willow under it but she’s just to quick to pic!!
Again, we thank you for the kind and generous gift killer Sandhiller!!
Be well and safe.
Bowen

RossRYoung

Practically Family
View attachment 223633
4X Open Road.

@Ross Young what size boots do you wear?

Nice OR, I’m an 11 in just about everything, rarely 11.5.

Oh Ross, by all means visit the different boot threads here. You can thank me/cuss me later.
Here at the lounge you will learn from those that know. And if not glitzy enough, step over to Farcebook for the glamor pics.
B
Thanks Bowen, I’ll ‘tread’ lightly haha. I’m good on jackets for now thankfully but boots are something I’ll need to finance after searching new ones. With all the downtime online shopping has become wayyy to frequent!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
B
Jackets are not so bad.

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Road trippin to neighboring Santa Clarita today, didn’t take too many shots because I wasn’t sure what the protocols are for the city right now (nobody out except parked police vehicles...) but I snagged a couple western related pics. Cowboy walk of fame from Newhall and such:
9DC460F0-4246-49D3-BD1B-500508851FF4.jpeg
383320BB-636E-407E-B671-F8462AF82781.jpeg
F54C4B7E-545A-4428-8D26-63F1B10BACE8.jpeg
C241DC0D-25F2-45ED-8373-DFDA5A739560.jpeg
94F79976-FA18-4959-9374-36C7FEAFFA20.jpeg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Road trippin to neighboring Santa Clarita today, didn’t take too many shots because I wasn’t sure what the protocols are for the city right now (nobody out except parked police vehicles...) but I snagged a couple western related pics. Cowboy walk of fame from Newhall and such:
View attachment 223713 View attachment 223714 View attachment 223715 View attachment 223711 View attachment 223712
I'm not going on any road trips, and am just staying at home. I did wear my Nutria Quality outside in the rain today, but only to walk up and down the driveway, well away from other people.
IMG_5832.jpeg

IMG_5835.jpeg

IMG_5836.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana