Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

jwalls

Vendor
045.JPG

Here she is fellows, 7" brim. I suspect I maybe the only custom hatter doing these now.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here she is fellows, 7" brim. I suspect I maybe the only custom hatter doing these now.

Hi Mr. Walls. I suspect that there's a VERY good reason you're the only custom hatter doing those. I'm betting that there isn't a lot of call for a hat that wide. My 4 inch hats seem wide to me after wearing a fedora. Do you have any noggin shots of any of those huge hats?

Good job!

jwalls

Vendor
This hat is made with an old sombrero body. I still have a few in silverbelly, black and green. Bodies are very heavy and stiff. When they are gone I don't expect to be able to get more.

One of the Regulars
The second hat is my recently completed custom from Buckaroo Hatters. 100% Beaver, steel grey felt in Major Moore's "mountain man" style (though a slightly higher crown than the norm for that style), with a one-of-a-kind bead-and-quill hatband that I found lying around the shop. 3.75'' brim with a slight curl to the brim, and a rounded-off 5'' crown. Wish I could get better shots, but the weather here's been cloudy and wet all week.

untitled7.jpg

Did the Major curl the brim by hand on this one? I've been looking for a hat form so I could shape some of my hats like that

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You know, after all this time I still can't get a decent pic of me wearing the hat. It's width makes for a lot of distortion when using an iphone camera. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24