Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's still the problem of the "arm's length" shot. However unwieldy an iPhone in that respect, a proper camera is moreso. At least with my clumsy hands :D.

Also, being in college, spending some cash to be abke to take a better picture of myself seems like a...questionable investment lol.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
There's still the problem of the "arm's length" shot. However unwieldy an iPhone in that respect, a proper camera is moreso. At least with my clumsy hands :D.

Also, being in college, spending some cash to be abke to take a better picture of myself seems like a...questionable investment lol.

But there's ALWAYS pics of girls :) Believe it or not, ladies DO like to get their picture taken and sometimes, they can take one of you ! I ALWAYS carried a camera in college, but then I was a Design major :) (back when B&W film and prints were cheaper :) )

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
This Stetson just arrived about a week or two ago. The colour doesn’t reproduce accurately when photographed - it’s actually a very light coffee colour and the band tones better than it looks in the picture but I was expecting the hat to be more ivory with a black and tan band. Might change out the band sometime later.

Fits really good and very comfortable - light pass of steam to true up the front of the brim and good to go pretty much out of the box. Wasn’t sure about the colour on the first day but now I like it and ivory might have been too hard to keep clean anyway so this is a good compromise as I didn’t really want black or dark brown.

Img_1795B.jpg

I was wearing the straw cattle hat in the B&W pic below since early spring and no one, not even my wife noticed the new felt hat so I guess that's a good thing... maybe...lol

Img_1760cdA.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Still casting about trying to figure out how to post full size pics. Here's another attempt.

I can't leave well enough alone with this Resistol; it cries out to be experimented upon.

7764ec43fc69dfb01321484230.jpeg

Well, I'll be darned! :)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Jeff. Something was bugging me about the ho-hum, factory-perfect, same-ol-same-ol brim, so I thought I'd give it some attitude. Kind of akin to giving George Clooney a black eye.

By the way, I won that Pilgrim Bowler! Pics when it shows up . . .

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
younggunsiiposter.jpg

I was watching Young Guns I and II this week and it became apparent where some of my hat influence came from, though I haven't seen the movies in over a decade and had no idea back then that I'd ever be into hats at all.
Inspired by Emilio Estevez (no, not the bowler he wore in the first one) I threw a teardrop into my St. Regis. Obviously, it's not the same hat, and looking closely, Estevez must have had a few different ones, as the crease changes a little periodically. But his basic shape was a tall-ish teardrop with shallow dents and a medium-short brim that had a nice wide pencil roll evenly around it. Brown with perhaps faded black ribbon and binding. What a great hat!

My St. Regis can't quite support the crown height for a tall teardrop and the brim on this baby is way too wide, curl too tight, but I think it does the job and is wearable nonetheless.

003copyf.jpg

0042copy.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I thought this was interesting. It's not the sort of hat we generally see these days. It looks rather old school by today's standards. This is an ad in Southwest Horse Trader (Jan 2012).

e52ac5c7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24