Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Landman

One Too Many
That is a great looking "Gus". I've always like the way they look on other people but I have never felt comfortable wearing one...wish I did though.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Anyway I love that hat. I wish I had the chutzpah to wear it around town more.
If you feel confortable with it, why not use it? No one around here uses a cowboy hat, only me. I do know some people find it ridiculus but I don't care, I feel confortable wearing them, I like to see me wearing them on a mirror and in the pictures I post here. They protect me from sun and rain and I never used an umbrella since I wear westerns.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the encouragement, Joao! It's hard to imagine you without one, but I get particularly conscious because of my 5'5" stature. Plus around here if you're wearing a cowboy hat, you had better be working a ranch, not playing classical music!
Actually, you're totally right. I'm going to try wearing this out more often.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Hoppy to share

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-01-20%2520at%25203.05.35%2520PM.png

APB

New in Town
I am new to the forum and want to let everyone know that the conversations I read here helped me take the plunge and get my first felt cowboy hat, a custom job from Mackey Custom Hats in Shell, Wyoming. I really put a lot of thought into every detail: 100% Beaver, 3 3/4" brim, bound and pencil rolled, 1" ribbon, modified cattleman crease with front pinch, Saharah color. I have been wearing it everyday and around here I don't get a lot of comments. A few "nice hat" but mostly it's inconspicuous. I don't have permission to post pics (for some reason) but I'll do so as soon as possible.

APB

.... I don't have permission to post pics (for some reason) but I'll do so as soon as possible.

APB

Welcome & congrats on the new custom lid.
You have permission to post photos from the start, only Private Messaging requires 15 or more posts.
You do have to use a hosting website like Photobucket & use an IMG reference to the desired photos.
The bulletin board does let you believe that just uploading is available but that feature is not active here in the Lounge.

msm007

One of the Regulars
Looks perfect!!!

Here is my 40+ year old Texas Hatters western that I recently re-crowned with a double teardrop a la Roy Rogers.
th_IMG_1015_zps5b457f5d.jpg

I had always felt the original crown was a bit too high, now I wonder if it is too short. What are your thoughts?
th_018_zps9cf31c37.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! All of the above.
It has a medium width Ivory Grosgrain ribbon/bow, a wide Horsehair and a cheap shoelace/Stampede String. The Horsehair band isn't attached so it tends to ride up on the Stampede String--which would look better as another Horsehair Braid. Genuine 100% Clear Sheep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn