Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Removed the leather band and lowered the brim on the Rand 8X I recently picked up. It fought me all the way... (the brim was creased for someone whose head was off center the opposite the way mine is -- the center line was way off to one side).

Rand_8X_1.jpg

Rand_8X_2.jpg

Rand_8X_Flat_1.png

Rand_8X_Flat_2.png

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Still trying to figure out a crown crease for this Borsa. I'm steering away from the Cattleman and leaning toward my preferred old school Montana Pinch crease. This is just a dry run. I haven't set the crease or did anything else with it yet. I'm still trying to decide. Can't really see the crease that well in these pictures...
Black-Borsalino-II-Montana-2-A.jpg

Black-Borsalino-II-Montana-1-A.jpg

Black-Borsalino-II-Montana-4-A.jpg

Black-Borsalino-II-Montana-3-A.jpg
This Stetson I rolled with just my hands. I had to get the edges pretty wet then just went around and around just rolling and bending the edge. Came out pretty well.

Attachments

• hat #31.JPG
    hat #31.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 359

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
This Stetson I rolled with just my hands. I had to get the edges pretty wet then just went around and around just rolling and bending the edge. Came out pretty well.
Looks good, CS. You did a good job on it. I like that. I've concluded that my Borsa has too little brim to suit me to be a Western and too much brim to suit me for a fedora. This hat is going on my head one way or another! After wrestling with myself over cutting the brim and losing the edge treatment, I've decided I'm going to do it and trim the brim to 2 3/4 and fedoratize it! I don't like the idea of losing the edge treatment but at least it will be more to what I want when I'm finished.

Then again, I still may change my mind again and leave the brim as is.

Last edited:

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Removed the leather band and lowered the brim on the Rand 8X I recently picked up. It fought me all the way... (the brim was creased for someone whose head was off center the opposite the way mine is -- the center line was way off to one side).

View attachment 143402

View attachment 143403
View attachment 143404

View attachment 143405
What a good looking hat! The band really does it more justice. Great looking vest also!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks good, CS. You did a good job on it. I like that. I've concluded that my Borsa has too little brim to suit me to be a Western and too much brim to suit me for a fedora. This hat is going on my head one way or another! After wrestling with myself over cutting the brim and losing the edge treatment, I've decided I'm going to do it and trim the brim to 2 3/4 and fedoratize it! I don't like the idea of losing the edge treatment but at least it will be more to what I want when I'm finished.

Then again, I still may change my mind again and leave the brim as is.
May I suggest a center dent with pinches? Always seems to look good as a dress western. The Montana pinch is more of a working cowboy crease. Greg @ Bamaboots has a no1 in the perfect dress western crease, give it a look. Either way I'm sure it will turn out tits!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
May I suggest a center dent with pinches? Always seems to look good as a dress western. The Montana pinch is more of a working cowboy crease. Greg @ Bamaboots has a no1 in the perfect dress western crease, give it a look. Either way I'm sure it will turn out tits!

Thank you Ddog. I actually tried a Center Dent this morning. I'm definitely keeping my options open. This Borsa's a real nice hat and I want to make sure I make the right decision for myself before I go forward on it. I'm still open to suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points