Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Andrew friedhofen

New in Town
I have a few hat projects in the works and this Whiskey 3X Resistol is going to be one of them. It has the usual tall and tapered up crown that was typical of its era and a nice 4 inch brim. I'll be taking this one apart for reblocking and restyling. The sweat and everything original to the hat is in very good condition and will be reused. I plan to keep it Western but I don't know if I'll be keeping the hat since I'm not partial to the color. I'll have more on this hat after I'm finished...
I just bought a very similar hat yesterday. It's a10X Worth hardly worn in perfect hat box. Color is marked cinnamon. Flea market find.
IMG-20190705-141351452.jpg

IMG-20190705-141339571.jpg

IMG-20190705-141429361.jpg

IMG-20190705-141549784.jpg

On the head in its current form...
Whiskey-Resistol-3-X-1-A.jpg

I know how I want to style the brim. I just have to figure what crease I want after its been reblocked.

The “wife” comment was uncalled for: I assume you realized that since it’s been removed (by you or a bartender).
Just to be perfectly clear I don't know what you are talking about. I made no comment about your wife, my wife or anyone else's wife. I didn't even post a sentence with the word wife in it. I have not deleted anything I have posted today.

Regardless of the name, it’s a similar hat with western elements.
Looks like Nvilletele's new Gannon hat to me & he never called it a Highwayman or a Western.

I wasn’t poking any bears. I was posting a hat. I truly wasn’t thinking of you, or anyone else, when I posted it.
At 61 cm when you posted it who did you think would be interested In buying it on sale?

Andrew friedhofen

New in Town
HJ:

The “wife” comment was not for you.

The Gannon website lists the hat as a Highwayman. Since it is called that on the maker’s site I used his name for the hat. I attached a screen shot and a link. Perhaps Michael, or someone working for him, mislabeled the hat on the Gannon website? I relied on Gannon’s site for the name of the hat. If it’s incorrectly labeled on Michael’s site you might want to let him know.

I took a photo of the size 61 because that is the size I was looking for at Hornskov. They surely have other sizes on sale, but I look for my size. I’m also sure there are more than just the two of us who wear that size, and I wasn’t thinking of anyone in particular when I listed it. If anything, I was hoping that it might be useful to someone looking for a nice hat who wasn’t familiar with Hornskov. If it’s not to your, or anyone else’s, taste then don’t buy it.

This all seems so petty and pointless. We don’t have to be friends, but we also don’t need to look for arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Egos clashing, petty sniping. They are hats, not mega- yachts or maseratis. I'm out of here.

HJ:

The “wife” comment was not for you.

Handsome,
Thanks for clearing that up even though you have since deleted it. I don’t like being judged guilty by insinuation. My suggestion would be to not be so cryptic when accusing someone of something.

If you don't know if it's from me there shouldn't be any sort of inference or assumption.

I was sure I saw your name on the post. If you are saying it wasn’t from you then all I can do is apologize.

I got carried away today. I failed to follow my own advice to just ignore posts that I disagree with. Please forgive my boorish behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I think the Hornskov would look great on stage for a western concert. I admit I have eyed their westerns and bohemians more than once. One of the greatest things about the old American West is that it also included a lot of headgear from the east!
I’ll try to get the thread back on the rail like Amtrak... an old friend once told me Amtrak’s motto: better late...
(And that’s all)

Here’s a little nod to HJ for this fine summer evening:

928d1cf81c5b2b9628b8fede6635e678.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was sure I saw your name on the post. If you are saying it wasn’t from you then all I can do is apologize.

I got carried away today. I failed to follow my own advice to just ignore posts that I disagree with. Please forgive my boorish behavior.

If you are not familiar with me enough by now to realize that I would own anything and everything I ever said to you, then you will never know a damn thing about me.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, we could have had a couple of those earlier this wk over something to drink if you had let me know you were going to be around.

I know! Next time man. This is one of only a few of my English blend pipes. Giving GL Pease Gaslight a try. I am no good at flake. Not sold yet on English blends, either. I’ve only had one I thought was great— Ashton Artisans blend. That was somehow delicious to me.

This is a big ole hunk of briar too. J.M. Boswell isn’t exactly known for his stylistic elegance. I am excited for the arrival of his burley though. Maybe my favorite tobacco so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually really like the Hornskov Libertine. I just don't know what to do with Dusty rose or cherry blossom felt. I still might get one though.

Saw this one was 7 5/8, but I figured I probably did not need to give HJ the link. :D

I can't remember who it was that was wanting that exact hatband by Bohlin or Vogt a while back. That thing on the front looks like a Christmas tree. But if it is truly vintage Nudie Cohen it's a valuable hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21