Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Jesse John

One of the Regulars
You should feel very lucky indeed, Jesse John. Beyond the local historical significance of a man most of the rest of the world have never heard of, you have a Borsalino, which most people in and outside of the USA have heard of. Congrats.
Shame about the sweatband, but that is one very interesting piece of Borsalino history.
As Brent said, post it in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread. Your hat knowledge will increase many fold.
Many thanks my friend. Yes, the sweatband is as hard as rock. A shame but at least the felt is in decent shape ;)

VS in process

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_7867.JPG

IMG_7864.JPG

IMG_7865.JPG

IMG_7868.JPG

IMG_2566.jpg

That is one helluva hat dude

O chit HJ! Killer hat man.
Thank you guys! Like BB's pic above, the 7XCB is a fine hat regardless of its original price point, case or no case, era, etc. And when you find one it is usually in pretty good shape because they weren't everyday hats. When I got this one the hat & case had a bit of a basement musty smell but nothing some fresh Red Cedar chips couldn't handle.

Putting away summer hats and pulling out more felt when I came across one of my favorite hats. It’s a vintage Walden (no “Worth”) that Rick @humanshoes made for me. There’s a great deal to like about the hat, but for me it’s the friendship and kindness of Rick that makes it a favorite. Rick salvaged the original center of the liner and sewed in into the new liner and he reproduced the leather sweatband markings right down to the original font. The hat is very nice, but it’s people that matter and I’m blown away by Rick’s kindness. It’s incredible to count such friends among folks I’ve never met in person. Thank you again, Rick.

7E99690C-6AD5-4470-B03D-6007A461D231.jpeg
68151B58-7B5A-4BDB-A374-92E5F0A1D504.jpeg
702103E9-9E8A-4937-BA2D-DA17EF03BE5B.jpeg
6E85E4D6-493A-4082-AA0B-D41458398008.jpeg
01F0837A-7E8A-43ED-A032-41BF11529635.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
What a beauty, Brent. Rick is one for great detail.

Putting away summer hats and pulling out more felt when I came across one of my favorite hats. It’s a vintage Walden (no “Worth”) that Rick @humanshoes made for me. There’s a great deal to like about the hat, but for me it’s the friendship and kindness of Rick that makes it a favorite. Rick salvaged the original center of the liner and sewed in into the new liner and he reproduced the leather sweatband markings right down to the original font. The hat is very nice, but it’s people that matter and I’m blown away by Rick’s kindness. It’s incredible to count such friends among folks I’ve never met in person. Thank you again, Rick.

View attachment 367829 View attachment 367830 View attachment 367831 View attachment 367832 View attachment 367833

View attachment 367829 View attachment 367830 View attachment 367831 View attachment 367832 View attachment 367833
Wonderful job

humanshoes

One Too Many

That big old hat was a pure joy to handle and work on Brent and the pleasure was all mine. So much beautiful real estate and you wear that one like you own it my friend.
As much as I enjoy making and working on hats, nothing compares to the human relationships formed in the process. It is amazing that we've known each other so many years and never exchanged a handshake, but I don't think that takes away from our friendship one little bit and I'll always be grateful for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ