Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Making a comparison between my Byer-Rolnick Resistol 3X thin ribbon with hand-felted edge

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

And Jimmy the lid's Stetson thin ribbon with Mode Edge, originally from the rlk collection.

IMG_8620.JPG

Under their broad definition (dimensions & blocking) some would call these an OR.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
And there are more.
View attachment 399379 View attachment 399380
View attachment 399381
View attachment 399382
View attachment 399383 My very first LBW Hat I ordered, the '56 Randolph Commanche.
View attachment 399384 And then, last year, I went full-circle and ordered the '57 Paladin.
View attachment 399386
View attachment 399387 And this here's the Purgatory Kid or Hell's Pistolero if you would.

Have you ever been to a large SASS shoot? You’d fit right in with the B-western group.

glider

A-List Customer
Those cowboy shootouts are pretty serious business and some of the competitors are damn good. Better than the real gunslingers of old ever were. I'm not sure that kind of thing would be allowed in the United Kingdom, I know they have very strict gun control laws.

Those cowboy shootouts are pretty serious business and some of the competitors are damn good. Better than the real gunslingers of old ever were. I'm not sure that kind of thing would be allowed in the United Kingdom, I know they have very strict gun control laws.

I used to shoot USPSA 30 years ago and I’ve tried some local unaffiliated three gun shoots, but I gave them up to do to time, expense, and bruised pride. Back in college I shot some bench rest (Hunter class) and had fun doing it. However, SASS is fun even if you’re at bottom of the standings. I don’t like how all the winners are shooting very light load .38 Specials and believe that they should have a “major” power factor requirement for all shoots. I love the atmosphere and the costuming at big SASS shoots. I plan on getting serious about it in retirement…not serious as a competitor, but serious at attending more events.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ