Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
G.W. Alexander Hat Co. made for Wolfe's in Salt Lake City. "Arizona" style in a "San Fran" block. 6" open crown, 3-1/2" bound brim with a 1/2" wide 5-ply ribbon. Size 7-1/4. Not sure on age. G.W. Alexander was around from the 1870s to the 1960s at least. This size . Wolfe's was around from 1920 until the '70s. I get a '40s vibe ... but it's just a vibe.

View attachment 453769

View attachment 453762

View attachment 453763

View attachment 453764

View attachment 453765

View attachment 453766

View attachment 453767

View attachment 453770

View attachment 453768

View attachment 453771
Nice!

Stetson 4X Beaver Big Piney with 5” wide brim. This is off to eBay because it’s too small for me, so probably the only time I’ll wear it.

3C44044B-C31F-4AEF-968C-2CA2DEA6B407.jpeg
554BC338-0618-4A10-BAD0-E92B67A04646.jpeg

0D8A6D25-6B74-4D65-BBAE-F19E07188020.jpeg

View attachment 455129

Wore the 3X Open Road to the flea market. Had my picture made with Nick Saban. Roll Tide.
As a Miami Dolphins fan.. I might have to make that same pose but different intentions :D Looong memory! :mad: Worked out great for Alabama and Nick for sure! And hey… we ended up with Tua. I hope he can get healthy. Was feeling like something special is brewin

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Many thanks to @deadlyhandsome for very kindly passing along this mystery Stetson body. One cell red tag, so maybe 40's? Still working on getting that perfect sweat band join. I will put a liner in at some point, but it is a wearable hat again. Forest green, 5 1/2", 3" brim. The hand of the felt feels very slightly less fine than some of my other hats. It reminds me of a nutria quality Stetson I had, which also had a one cell red tag.

The ribbon treatment is interesting. I don't know how it got into this configuration, because it's a bit funky. Has that thin band, would that make it 1ply ribbon? No bow to speak of, but tied off in two places, a bit forward from the standard position. The other weird thing is that there's a twist in the band in front and on the back of the hat. The underside of the band, which is not sun faded, shows out. And it's tacked this way to the hat! I could imagine the band breaking and someone tying it that way, but having the unfaded parts showing? I can't picture how that would happen accidentally. Kinda reminds me of barbed wire.

Many thanks to @deadlyhandsome for very kindly passing along this mystery Stetson body. One cell red tag, so maybe 40's? Still working on getting that perfect sweat band join. I will put a liner in at some point, but it is a wearable hat again. Forest green, 5 1/2", 3" brim. The hand of the felt feels very slightly less fine than some of my other hats. It reminds me of a nutria quality Stetson I had, which also had a one cell red tag.

The ribbon treatment is interesting. I don't know how it got into this configuration, because it's a bit funky. Has that thin band, would that make it 1ply ribbon? No bow to speak of, but tied off in two places, a bit forward from the standard position. The other weird thing is that there's a twist in the band in front and on the back of the hat. The underside of the band, which is not sun faded, shows out. And it's tacked this way to the hat! I could imagine the band breaking and someone tying it that way, but having the unfaded parts showing? I can't picture how that would happen accidentally. Kinda reminds me of barbed wire.

Cool

Great hat. Post some head pics when it's done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ