Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

milandro

A-List Customer
well, I have similar hat by stetson, in a, more or less, amish style but with a telescope crown ( I envy your pencil curl brim!).

Maybe someone has an idea of which model this is? I'd like to hear it if someone recognises it

stetson inside.jpg

stetsono amish.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
This was a fun and easy little project when I first got it. It was gifted to me by a generous Lounger. Beaver Brand Western. It's a 7 3/8 and a little rough, and the sweat was drying out and cracking. I just threw a block in it, sweat
band and all, and simply ironed out the creases and wrinkles and then recreased it to a Montana Pinch with a mule kick and reshaped the brim. I didn't go through a whole lot of pains refurbing it since I was mainly wearing it just for yard work to keep the sun off my ears.

Beaver-Brand-W1.jpg

Beaver-Brand-W2.jpg

Beaver-Brand-W3.jpg

Just one time wearing it while mowing the lawn, the sweat is toast. It shrunk up and cracked all over, which I expected it would do. I'll just put a new sweat in it and keep wearing it for my outside work...

Beaver-Brand-W4.jpg

Some good Rock a Billy / Country Jukebox

A Blue Blue Day

Send Me the Pillow

I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

In the Jailhouse Now

Nobody fired up a piano like the Wild Man

This was a fun and easy little project when I first got it. It was gifted to me by a generous Lounger. Beaver Brand Western. It's a 7 3/8 and a little rough, and the sweat was drying out and cracking. I just threw a block in it, sweat
band and all, and simply ironed out the creases and wrinkles and then recreased it to a Montana Pinch with a mule kick and reshaped the brim. I didn't go through a whole lot of pains refurbing it since I was mainly wearing it just for yard work to keep the sun off my ears.

Beaver-Brand-W1.jpg

Beaver-Brand-W2.jpg

Beaver-Brand-W3.jpg

Just one time wearing it while mowing the lawn, the sweat is toast. It shrunk up and cracked all over, which I expected it would do. I'll just put a new sweat in it and keep wearing it for my outside work...

Beaver-Brand-W4.jpg

A Blue Blue Day

Send Me the Pillow

In the Jailhouse Now

Nice work! Great tunes, too!!

hambone71

Practically Family

Beaver-Brand-W1.jpg

Beaver-Brand-W2.jpg

Beaver-Brand-W3.jpg

Beaver-Brand-W4.jpg

A Blue Blue Day

Send Me the Pillow

In the Jailhouse Now

Charley Waite would be proud of that Montana pinch, complete with a mule kick and all! Awesome job!
Screenshot_20230716-163156_kindlephoto-1015475034.png

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Charley Waite would be proud of that Montana pinch, complete with a mule kick and all! Awesome job!
View attachment 533056
Ha! Thank you buddy!

Here's another one, only bigger. Knox Stagecoach with a 7 inch tall open crown and a 4 1/2 inch brim with a pencil curl. Montana Pinch with a Mule kick. This would have really kept Charlie dry in a downpour.

Attachments

• Knox-Tall-7-3-A~2.jpg
    Knox-Tall-7-3-A~2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Knox-Stagecoach-14-A.jpg
    Knox-Stagecoach-14-A.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

One Drop

One of the Regulars
Yes, some good tunes, I love the threads on many of the performers of that era. I have a few exceptional vintage western shirts I picked up in the '70s, including a very fine copper coloured satin rayon MWG Johnny West one with a cream yoke and some very fine embroidery, a Canadian brand similar to the contemporary H Bar C shirts I see more often for sale these days.

One of my only regrets in life was not buying more vintage clothing from the '40 and '50s when it was still relatively plentiful and affordable. I've still to this day not found a newer cotton shirt that had the feel of the high end white Egyptian cotton shirts from the '40s that I did buy a few of, I wore those to heck over the years, the cut was amazing from that era, full and very stylish, great with high waisted pants, I had a few very cool gabardine trousers from the era as well, from the '40s and '50s.

I had a Rockabilly phase for a year or so in my early teens, before the neo-Rockabilly trend that got pretty boring and standardised to raw denim turned-up Levis and patterned reproduction shirts, etc), I even greased my hair for a while, LOL. It was a fun time to be a teenager in Montreal, you could experiment with different looks and identities and no one took it too seriously, punks, mods, rockabillies, new wavers and new romantics, etc. would all frequent the same bars and clubs and the music was a mix of all the accompanying styles, plus funk, reggae, dub, and some African and Brazilian stylings.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Yes, some good tunes, I love the threads on many of the performers of that era. I have a few exceptional vintage western shirts I picked up in the '70s, including a very fine copper coloured satin rayon MWG Johnny West one with a cream yoke and some very fine embroidery, a Canadian brand similar to the contemporary H Bar C shirts I see more often for sale these days.

One of my only regrets in life was not buying more vintage clothing from the '40 and '50s when it was still relatively plentiful and affordable. I've still to this day not found a newer cotton shirt that had the feel of the high end white Egyptian cotton shirts from the '40s that I did buy a few of, I wore those to heck over the years, the cut was amazing from that era, full and very stylish, great with high waisted pants, I had a few very cool gabardine trousers from the era as well, from the '40s and '50s.

I had a Rockabilly phase for a year or so in my early teens, before the neo-Rockabilly trend that got pretty boring and standardised to raw denim turned-up Levis and patterned reproduction shirts, etc), I even greased my hair for a while, LOL. It was a fun time to be a teenager in Montreal, you could experiment with different looks and identities and no one took it too seriously, punks, mods, rockabillies, new wavers and new romantics, etc. would all frequent the same bars and clubs and the music was a mix of all the accompanying styles, plus funk, reggae, dub, and some African and Brazilian stylings.
I went through those phases too back in the day with slicked back hair, tee shirts, and rolled up Levi's. I even went to the theater and watched American Graffiti 17 days in a row when it first came out! I also had some nice old cars from the '50s! My taste in rockabilly has remained the same since the late 1960s! Here I am with my wife of only 6 months, hair slicked back and all, and a couple of my cars from then. We were both 19 at the time, (from the early 1970s). I would be 20 in less than a month from when that picture was taken at the Ohio State Fair. The cars are a '57 Chevy Bel Air sedan that I had painted black. The wife and daughter are in the driver's seat. The other one is a '56 Chevy Bel Air Sedan that I had painted blue and white, (1967 Ford colors).

Attachments

• 1688773276979.jpg
    1688773276979.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 1687125195022.jpg
    1687125195022.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 1687125806120.jpg
    1687125806120.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

StoryPNW

Practically Family
I'm wearing my Shudde Bros. 3X this morning until it gets too hot.
20230721_085754.jpg
20230721_085757.jpg
20230721_090344.jpg

I'm a little younger than a lot of people here but good music stands the test of time. I like the old rockabilly music. I like the newer rockabilly inspired music too, bands like Reverend Horton Heat, Mike Ness, and Tiger Army.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I'm wearing my Shudde Bros. 3X this morning until it gets too hot.
View attachment 534058 View attachment 534059 View attachment 534060
I'm a little younger than a lot of people here but good music stands the test of time. I like the old rockabilly music. I like the newer rockabilly inspired music too, bands like Reverend Horton Heat, Mike Ness, and Tiger Army.
I like that newer rockabilly too. Reverend Horton Heat is one my favorites, along with Brian Setzer. They retained the original sound of rockabilly. Both good artists, and that Shudder Bros is a good look for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR