Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western help, Identity or not?

mikepara

Practically Family
I once saw a small part of a Western but had to leave as my unit was shipping out, and have always wished I'd been able to watch it. Can any film buff ID the movie on this scant bit of info:

Realistic? thick Mud, Snow, ice, winter film or at least this bit...
2 bad guys out to cause trouble throw the town idiot a gun so they can shoot him in self defence when he catches it and points it innocently at them. They shoot the idiot and he crashes backwards into a river or stream breaking the ice as he falls in.

Not much to go on. Is it enough for someone who knows the film?
Regards MP.

mikepara

Practically Family
Unknown to me. Certainly not 'big' actors then, probably well known now? but not then.

English speaking not dubbed.

Sorry, Tall order I know. I only saw a quick 10 minutes if that. I love westerns, and this movie looked gritty and the outlaws where young and vicious but have not seen a whiff of this movie since. at a guess, I probably saw it 25+ years ago and if on TV then released 5 years previously at least.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
YES!

Funny, I just made a post about it the other day, regarding raw eggs in beer. In McCabe and Mrs Miller, Warren Beatty is incessanty breaking an egg into a glass of whisky and guzzling it down, even in the midst of a gunfight. Great movie! Warren Beatty and Julie Christy.

mikepara

Practically Family
Just read the blurb, can't tell if this is the film I missed as I only saw such a tiny clip, but I'll get what sounds a great film anyway. Many thanks everyone. A no lose situation either way.

Obviously if someone can ID the film as something else then yay!
kindest Regards MP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany