Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whadja get?!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I haven't opened all of my presents yet (we do both holidays in my house). So far I've gotten: Twilight Zone season one on DVD, Bette Davis collection on DVD, retro colored lipsticks from Clinique, and The Age of Innocence (book).

You?!?!

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
By far too much! :)

PrettySquareGal said:
I haven't opened all of my presents yet (we do both holidays in my house). So far I've gotten: Twilight Zone season one on DVD, Bette Davis collection on DVD, retro colored lipsticks from Clinique, and The Age of Innocence (book).

You?!?!

That Twilight Zone DVD sonds mighty cool!

My parents overdid it as usual and got me some books on art history and a quite pricey chronograph. Unfortunately it´s much too chunky for my matchstick wrists, but I have carte blanche to pick another one instead...makes me think pocket watch. :)

My sister and her kids gave me the usual bottle of toilet water.:D

And, last but not least, I received a lovely quilted potholder from one of my penpals.

Regards, A.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic!

More gifts: Alfred Hitchcock Presents on DVD, books: Ethan Fromme and Pride and Prejudice, a Victorian scrapbook, Moonlight Sinatra and loot!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
and whoop-de-do

I got a 2-dinner gift certificate to the local Italian restaurant, bought some vintage sewing patrons with the 2 checks I got, a subscription to Burda sewing magazine from my late dad, a mug, and candy. Since I don't have to do the in-laws agony anymore I get a lot less stuff, but it was all stuff I didn't want anyway. I'll get a lot of vintage clothes from my mom when I visit her in Florida next month. :D
Wanna know what I gave? A collectible set of dishes, booze, a portrait of me, a poker set, homemade brownies and shortbread, clothes, books, a AAA membership, a crossword puzzle subscription, and lipstick.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lucky Me!!!

My girl bought me a Nikon D80 with a 28-80mm and a 70-300mm. That is 10mp of picture taking power! I'm a shootin' fool right now!

Mr. Cannon is one happy man!

"Merry Christmas everyone - God bless us, one and all!"

-dixon cannon

WEEGEE

Practically Family
BANG BOOMS

Dixon Cannon
My girl bought me a Nikon D80 with a 28-80mm and a 70-300mm. That is 10mp of picture taking power! I'm a shootin' fool right now!

Mr. Cannon is one happy man!

And i thought you to be a Canon Manlol Great gift!!!

Got my kids a drum set...they love it!!!

Merry Christmas ..."God bless us every one!" Tiny Tim

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I got an awful lot of coffee from Brazil.

That's great because I love it! :coffee: Some paints. A gift card for best Buys. Some vino,....:D From my favorite gal, a cool little brass statue of Shiva dancing the Natraj, the 5 cosmic acts of creation. She was going to get me a different one, but I was hoping to get this one instead. Got my wish. :)
I gave her a new baking stone for making pizzas. Turns out she had just broke the one she had in a terrible cooking accident. I always use The Force when Christmas comes around. lol

Amelie

A-List Customer
A giftset of perfume: la chasse aux papillons, a recipy book, a book called bedtime, which is very vintage looking and full of old things, aromated sugar, a champain bottle, and two collection doll with very vintage looking outfits :)

and a red pashmina :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Stove top espresso maker.
The Duke Ellington Small Groups 1936-41 CD box.
Woolrich corduroy shirt (color: rust). I may wear it to the dinner table tonight with a screamin' green alpaca vest, and drop from heat exhaustion. That alpaca is WAAARM.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
GREEN LIGHTS @ XMAS 2006

1. Getting together with Family & good health in 2006!

2. Finishing off our Tiki Room in 2006!

3. Finding cool 40's/early 50's vintage on Ebay in 2006!

SC :D

PS Hope for more of the same in 2007 :D

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
My mom back in Iowa sent me a box full of nice old hats and vintage neckties she gathered up over the past year.

I also got a gift subscription to Netflix and half a ham.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany