Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whadja get?!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
He was named Little Tex. I did not name him, my roomate did. Just guess where she was from?

As an adult dog, Tex weighed 4 1/2 lbs. He liked to be carried in a bag, which I put around my neck.

My family had a dachsund when I was a teenager. He was so human in his reactions to things and people. I would consider a dachsund again, but probably a mini as I like the smaller dogs. Recently I saw a photo of a mini dachsund/chihuahua mix -- looked like a cute dog.

karol

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
They are really human! Mine has decided his brother can't be anywhere near me, and will start screaming at him if he does lol guess I know what a jealous boyfriend would be like!lol

4 and a half pounds!? that's tiny! at most mine'll be 11 but should be about 7 when adult. Little Tex is a cute name for a Chihuahua, very cute indeed.:D

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Oh go for it! They can't wrestle properly if it's just the three of them;) and really once you have three it can't get more chaotic!:D

Mine have decided they like to chew towels, so we have a couple hanging around, they go crazy if you toss one end over them, they're hilarious!:D

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Dachshunds... now that's a fun pooch! A friend of my sister's has two, and It's a hoot everytime she brings them along.

Here's a portrait I painted of the elderly one:

beast.jpg

His name's Max, but I affectionately call him The Beast.

Novella

Practically Family
Christopher said:
Obviously Vatican City to see the Pope and Paris. Rome, Paris, Florence, Venice... Is that Amsterdam? I see the Alps..wonder where that is.

You should definitely put up your pictures of Italy!

You're good at the picture IDs, all right, including Amsterdam. The others are Lucerne, Switzerland (the first photo of the wooden bridge) Munich, Germany, and Innsbruck, Austria.

CharlieH. said:
WOW!
(Details, please!)
It was a 12 day bus tour that went through 8 countries. A pretty whirlwind trip - I think my head is still spinning! At the very least all the details are still sinking in. It was so much fun though and turned out to be a good way to spend Christmas. The only downside was that I was in Rome on Christmas Eve/Christmas, so almost everything was closed. The flipside of that was getting to go to the Pope's Christmas blessing. I'm not really religious, but it was still cool to get to see the Pope.

Daisy Buchanan said:
How did you like Rome and Venice? I just love it there, and can't wait to get back.
I was only in Venice for an afternoon/evening so I didn't get a chance to see everything I wanted, but it was a beautiful city! I did get to go on a gondola ride though, which was a great way to soak in the atmosphere. In Rome I got to go to the Cappuccine crypt, see the Trevi fountain, the Spanish steps. Rome was impressive. I'm definitely going back to Rome so I can have a chance to go inside the Colosseum and have a look at other Roman related sites.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
CharlieH. said:
Dachshunds... now that's a fun pooch! A friend of my sister's has two, and It's a hoot everytime she brings them along.

Here's a portrait I painted of the elderly one:

beast.jpg

You painted this portrait? You're a real artist, it's brilliant :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

griffer

Practically Family
ok, there is a whole thread for our miscellaneous rug bugs.

back to the LOOT!

i got my shoes today, haven't seen em yet, but my wife told me they showed up.

gift to myself, courtesy of this forum.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Thanks for the compliments ladies.
The beastly moniker comes simply from his rambunctious nature... and his VERY bad beahaviour with a stuffed monkey (an old christmas present of my sister).

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CharlieH. said:
Thanks for the compliments ladies.
The beastly moniker comes simply from his rambunctious nature... and his VERY bad beahaviour with a stuffed monkey (an old christmas present of my sister).
Their seems to be a lot of bad behavior with stuffed monkey's around here! As well as a few badly behaved stuffed monkey's!

Daisy Buchanan

Novella said:
You should definitely put up your pictures of Italy!
I was only in Venice for an afternoon/evening so I didn't get a chance to see everything I wanted, but it was a beautiful city! I did get to go on a gondola ride though, which was a great way to soak in the atmosphere. In Rome I got to go to the Cappuccine crypt, see the Trevi fountain, the Spanish steps. Rome was impressive. I'm definitely going back to Rome so I can have a chance to go inside the Colosseum and have a look at other Roman related sites.

Wow, your trip sounds fantastic.
Venice is one of my favorite places on the planet. I'm glad you got to go on a gondola ride, that is definitely a great way to get a feel for the city. Did you get to go inside the Doge Palace in San Marco? The worlds largest canvas painting is in there, it's quite impressive.
You definitely saw great sites in Rome. Not too many people know about the crypt. Isn't it spooky! Oh, and the Trevi Fountain, what an amazing spot. Your walking down the sides streets of Rome, and Bam, there it is, around a little corner, this giant beautiful fountain coming out of a "very old" (we had a lot of fun walking around Rome and saying "wow, that's really old", as if there are too many things older!) building. It's quite impressive. I'm glad you had a good time, and got to see so much.

If you're interested, Hemingway Jones posted our pics from Rome and Venice in this thread. We took around 3000 pictures between the two of us, so these are just highlights.

Welcome home! I'm glad you had a safe and exciting journey:)

BegintheBeguine

We've always celebrated the 12 days of Christmas so I am still getting stuff I ordered with the checks I received. 3 adorable dresses from Daddy Zero in Tampa, free shipping, good prices and candy is always included in the package! One dress is red and white gingham, one is a short muumuu and one is golden brown lined with a print sheer ruffly overlay. Cute. Also got 20 vintage patterns to add to the pile, all in my size, yay! I've been down with flu and am trying not to think about all the stuff other people are getting from the Salvation Army around the corner from my house...:(

MelissaAnne

One of the Regulars
Let's see...

Saving Private Ryan on DVD
A wonderful lap desk
Handmade doilies from my grandmother when she was young
Books
Four CD collection of songs from the 40's and 50's

It was a wonderful Christmas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members