Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are the Most Popular Leather Jacket Brands on TFL?

What would your top 3 brands be in order?

Uh..well..truthfully......Thedi...Thedi..Thedi....for me. Great stitching....wonderful hides and slightly washed finish...little extras as zippered inside pocket...leather inside under arm vents...heavy corduroy lined pockets and inside cuffs... and can be custom fitted ( I go through Thurston Bros ) nice black cotton body lining and satin/rayon sleeve lining if so desired. I like their cross zip style. My personal favorite maker.

Not hard to tell who's jackets you like jonesy. I have to say you have good taste in leather craftsmen

His number 1 shouldn’t count— by now he is part owner. A bit biased.
If anyone'd asked me how many jackets you have, I would've said 70.

Just about half of that right now— 36. And am going to sell off a bunch. I don’t have the space for them. They rest of the collection arrives tomorrow. If anyone is interested in anything let me know. Bates CR, JL m500, Schott 646, Fidelity steer, Passaic CR w/collar, mustard apparel annex, etc.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Not hard to tell who's jackets you like jonesy. I have to say you have good taste in leather craftsmen
Thank you. Yes I like GWs. Most vintage and Japanese jackets don't fit me. I would like to add an ELMC, and another Thedi.

Last edited:
There are some old words of wisdom..."If momma ain't happy, then no one's gonna be happy." There are likely some married men out there who can relate to this.

I've seen it. Never cared to sneak things past my Wife. She new what I was interested in and I knew the same about her. No need to cheat. My Wife was happy with that. Neither of us felt the need to hide things. It worked for 38 years until she died 5 years ago. I feel sad to see some play that game. What happens when you get caught ??

I've seen it. Never cared to sneak things past my Wife. She new what I was interested in and I knew the same about her. No need to cheat. My Wife was happy with that. Neither of us felt the need to hide things. It worked for 38 years until she died 5 years ago. I feel sad to see some play that game. What happens when you get caught ??

Nothing. I’ll speak for myself, but I’m just messing around when I post about stuff like that. Obviously, I can’t hide 36 jackets. It isn’t her thing, but she lets me be me. I’d bet most gents here are in the same boat. Just goofing off about the lunacy in having so many “jackets that look the same”.

Coriu

One Too Many
People who love us support our passions, as long as they are not harmful. Sorry to hear of your loss. Blessed to have a spouse you could love for 38 years.

Nothing. I’ll speak for myself, but I’m just messing around when I post about stuff like that. Obviously, I can’t hide 36 jackets. It isn’t her thing, but she lets me be me. I’d bet most gents here are in the same boat. Just goofing off about the lunacy in having so many “jackets that look the same”.

I think it's more about us projecting guilt, rather than fear. We're hoping for a voice of reason to keep us in check. Let's face it, we all know this is bordering on lunacy. I've got 12 jackets all over the house and I know it's madness, even though every woman that has seen my (leather) wardrobe thought it's really cool I take care what I wear. I guess everyone would be pissed if their SO was wasting major money on leather jackets, while I dunno, plumbing is falling apart but other than that, I wouldn't really settle for anything less than full support for my hobby from someone I care about.

Coriu

One Too Many
I think it's more about us projecting guilt, rather than fear. We're hoping for a voice of reason to keep us in check. Let's face it, we all know this is bordering on lunacy. I've got 12 jackets all over the house and I know it's madness, even though every woman that has seen my (leather) wardrobe thought it's really cool I take care what I wear. I guess everyone would be pissed if their SO was wasting major money on leather jackets, while I dunno, plumbing is falling apart but other than that, I wouldn't really settle for anything less than full support for my hobby from someone I care about.

...or when their SO's eyes light up more over seeing themselves in the new leather jacket than seeing THEM in THEIR new outfit.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I have jackets from 5Star, Aero, Field Leathers, Goodwear Leathers, Lewis Leathers, Lost Worlds, Simmonsbilt, Vanson Leather, and bunch of other fashion brands.

But I have only one favorite now, Johnson Leather. Everyone else would tie for second place in my book.

I think Aero would be the most recognizable brand today. Just google "horsehide jacket".

(Aero is) The wheel that squeaks gets the grease. It sucks that the other hard working (and better) wheels do not get the recognition they deserve.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I do not advertise when a new jacket arrives. I let it settle in and decide if i's a keeper or turn around before sharing. I do remind honey that I buy one jacket for every 4 pairs of her shoes and when I am done with a jacket I sell them at or near break-even, I am not donating them to clear closet space.
As of today, I am also at 36 thank you to this fav jacket tread I counted my jackets as I listed them

Last edited:

Coriu

One Too Many
Looks like the following Loungers have 20 or more leather jackets in their closets. Anyone else out their belong to this elite club?

carlos840
jmax
jonesy86
jonbuilder
kingb
mandarin
tmitchell59
tusche
yamahana

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really meant for this to be a snapshot of everyone's closet this month...a sampling, if you will. Might be interesting to come back a year from now, repeat the exercise, and compare results.
Maybe for you guys buying the latest new ich on the market, but for us collectors, the core stay around, and new entries are getting harder and harder to source at an acceptable cost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk