Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are the Most Popular Leather Jacket Brands on TFL?

Coriu

One Too Many
If such a survey has been done recently, please let me know so I don't waste anyone's time. I thought it would be fun to answer this question with real data from Loungers.

Please list the three leather jacket brands that are most prevalent in your collection. As an example, please list your response as follows:
#1 Vanson - 5 jackets
#2 Schott - 4 jackets
#3 Aero - 3 jackets

If you don't wish to list the numbers, that fine. Although, if you do, I will use this data. As long as your #1 represents the jacket brand of which you own the most numbers of jackets, #2 is second most, and so-on.

I will assign points for each entry, ie #1=3 points, #2=2 points, #1= 1 point. Then it will simply be a matter of adding up the points. I can add up individual jacket numbers, too. I'll probably end up with a "Top 10" brands.

I'll give it a couple of weeks to collect data and provide an initial report for all. And I can update as time goes on and occasionally report out to the Forum. If there is a way to do this via the polling feature, I am not smart enough to figure it out. I don't mind doing it the old-fashioned way, dinosaur that I am.

Why do this exercise? It would be nice, especially for newbies, to know the most popular brands. If an individual is interested in a certain brand, this thread could help them locate another who has obvious familiarity with said brand. Who knows? We may end up with some surprises on the list.

Have fun inventorying! Unless you are OCD like me and already have one. LOL

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
#1 Thedi Leathers 5 jackets
#2 Field Leathers 4 jackets
#3/4 Lewis Leathers 4 jackets
#3/4 Eastman / ELMC 4 jackets

My collection is constantly evolving so the above numbers reflect the ones I own(ed) this year plus the ones that are still on order.

Edit: I forgot about Eastman / ELMC. I own four from them which earns Eastman a shared third place.

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
90s to present
Aero 5
Good Wear 1
Himel 1
Johnson Leathers 1

60s to 90s
Custom Coat Co 1
Aero 1

Vintage pre-60s
Cal / SG 6
Buco 5
Ralphs Pugh 1
Trojan Sportwear 1
Block Blit 1
Langlitz 1
Sportswear 1
Taubers 2
Haelson 1
Gallaghher 1
Albatross 1
Edmund T Church 1
Un Known 40s 1

Retailers / Non-jacket makers pre 60s
Sears Hercules 3
Harley Davison 1
Wards Windward 1

Yes I confess I am a collector, I can not possibly wear all these jackets regularly. I would love to see Terry's list

Last edited:
Though I do not consider myself a collector, brands that seem to have be most prevalent in my collection throughout all these years I've been into clothes, are...

#1 Vintage randoms, cheapos & no-names: 9 ATM though hundred or so altogether
#2 Schott: 4 with about 40 more that I have moved on
#3 Vanson: 1 right now but I have owned around 30 of their jackets
#4 Levi's: 3 with many more that passed through (15 or so)
#5 Aero: Though none, I have owned 10-15 Aero jackets (maybe more, counting ones I've just resold

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
#1. 1 Thedi, 1 Aero, 1 Brooks, 1 Sear Oakbrook, 1 Harro, 1 Ralph Lauren, 1 Fivestar, 2 vintage Swedish jackets from different brands

Not more than one from one brand at the moment. But I wish I had more Thedi jackets, I can see more of them in my future.

Coriu

One Too Many
#1. 1 Thedi, 1 Aero, 1 Brooks, 1 Sear Oakbrook, 1 Harro, 1 Ralph Lauren, 1 Fivestar, 2 vintage Swedish jackets from different brands

Not more than one from one brand at the moment. But I wish I had more Thedi jackets, I can see more of them in my future.
In your case, may I suggest the following. If you could have as many jackets of each as you like, how would you rank them?

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
#1-GW 8 jackets
#2- (Tied), Aero 2 Jackets, Schott 2 Jackets, Brooks 2 jackets, Five Star 2 Jackets
#3 (Tied) Thedi 1 jacket, Himel 1 Jacket, Simons Bilt 1 Jacket, JL 1 jacket, Vanson 1 Jacket, Chinese Sunset Copy 1 Jacket.
Not hard to tell who's jackets you like jonesy. I have to say you have good taste in leather craftsmen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ