Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the odds??

fishmeok

Vendor
Back when I was 13 or so I went through the typical teenage punk phase. One day as I was rummaging in the basement I found my dad's Boy Scout windbreaker from the 60's. It still had some of the original patches on it, so I of course immediately removed them and turned the thing into a punk masterpiece. More or less. As got a little older I realized what I had done, and have regretted ripping that thing up for years- though I was at least smart enough to keep the patches.

A couple months ago I was digging through one of our local thrift stores when a familiar red jacket caught my eye. I pulled it out and was amazed to find that not only was it identical to the one I destroyed, but that it had the same 50th anniversary jamboree patch sewn on the back! Makes me feel a little better for some reason...

This is really a very interesting jacket, it's a 46, in almost perfect shape, and the patches date from the early 50's to the early 60's. Are there any BSA members on the list? Are jackets like this still being used?

More pics here:
http://superiorjackets.com/?p=532

Cheers
Mark

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

Papa M

A-List Customer
fishmeok said:
...and the patches date from the early 50's to the early 60's.

There's something about American badges that make them far more interesting than most British badges - be it Boy Scout, Railroad, Motor Sport, Surf culture.

Your scout badges deserve to be in a frame.

Peacoat

Bartender
I would say the odds are about 100,000 to 1. Good find. If you find a McGregor Anti Freeze in red on your thrifting sorties, snatch it up for me. Mine got away from me back during my college days. I last remember wearing it when I was a junior in high school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn