Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the Oldest Objects you Own?

DNO

One Too Many
Used to have a small vial of dirt from the K-T boundary on my keychain...a marketing ploy by the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Alberta. That is, until the vial cracked. Then I had a small pile of 65 million-year-old dirt in my pocket. Good idea, though.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Celtic bronze axe, c.1000 BC

CelticBrAxe1-10.jpg

Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) bronze figure of a deer:

MingDeerV4f.jpg

Also have a few ancient Egyptian and Pre-Columbian pieces, but they're packed away in preparation for moving.

DNO

One Too Many
Celtic bronze axe, c.1000 BC

CelticBrAxe1-10.jpg

Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) bronze figure of a deer:

MingDeerV4f.jpg

Also have a few ancient Egyptian and Pre-Columbian pieces, but they're packed away in preparation for moving.

Beautiful. The Celts had such a wonderful sense of design. Their objects always seem so graceful.

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
I think this thread needs to be revived.

I have a bronze eye-shaped Roman ring (1st -3rd centuries) that was dug up in Israel which I had my jeweler copy in gold to make my wedding ring. I also have some old beads I got in Venice, many of which were dredged from the lagoon. One of these beads is from the northern part of India and is between 4000 and 4500 years old. It's not really that impressive looking but when you consider that this was the first style of bead with an inlaid/fired in design it's pretty cool.

I have lots of Victorian stuff too and regularly use pre-1900 strait razors to shave with. There's also the 1876 British Army Martini-Henry rifle and 1889 Webley service revolver.

Too much old stuff to detail actually but the bead is probably the oldest.

de Stokesay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21