Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Mel Torme's 1958 Album

Man, do I miss this guy...I passed up the chance to see him in 1996, not long before his stroke. I'll always regret it. :(

Beautiful album, by the way. Get it while it's still around. His version of "The Blues" is stunning.

41EJSG5CEPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Edward

Bartender
This week, I am mostly listening to the Watchmen soundtrack on a loop, which has given me the urge to dig out my Bob Dylan albums again... After seeing a BBC documentary about Kitty, Daisy and Lewis this week I ordered their album, which should arrive next week and will probably be the disc du jour then...

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Jerry Goldsmith's score to the 1968 James Stewart/Dean Martin/Raquel Welch movie, Bandolero! I'm playing it loudly to try and block out the illegal construction project my neighbor has been "working" on since December.

just_me

Practically Family
Carlisle Blues said:
"Come Rain or Come Shine" written by Harold Arlen with lyrics by Johnny Mercer. The song was written for the musical St. Louis Woman, and was published in 1946.

This version by B.B. King and Eric Clapton sizzles. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4HACt_TqD4

Thanks. That was great. :eusa_clap

I'm still in a 60s nostalgia mood. Listened to Blind Faith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJJnA6zEcGk&feature=PlayList&p=E5C57872D1D2222A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDXu61ZXgWE&feature=related

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Still working on a transfer job -- this time a Victor Home Recording disc from November 1932 containing a somewhat wobbly broadcast by Harry Reser and his Clicquot Club Eskimos, "playing for the elite of the Frozen North." It's up to 42 degrees here now, so I guess we don't qualify.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
I just picked up Diana Krall's latest, Quiet Nights, which I've been listening to since Thursday evening, and Brian Setzer and the BSO, Wolfgang's Big Night Out...they could make the phone book swing!

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
mikepara said:
If you have 'music of your choice' on as your reading this, what are you listening to?
Stating random radio or background music is no good.

I've got Grateful Dead / The Grateful Dead CD on.
Waiting in the wings is:
Disraeli Gears / Cream
Then & Now / The Who

I got these albums playin on my music list:

Ministry - The Land of Rape and Honey

Megadeth - Peace Sells But Whos Buying

Killing Joke - Pandemonium

Queen - A Kind of Magic

Ofra Haza - Bayt Ham

Forum statistics

Threads
Members