Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Fred Allen

A 1943 edition of the "Fred Allen Show" again he is snapping at the heels of his "Nemesis" Jack Benny, with the aid of special guest star "Judy Canova" whos own show is rather a corker its self

180px-Judyc.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Ted Weems & His Orchestra in 1933, playing I'm a Lover of Paree, a rousing 6/8 one-step (remember those?). Elmo Tanner, Weems' singing-whistling-violin-playing-nonentity, contributes what must be the least convincing imitation of Chevalier since Chico Marx. Or since.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
not on the radio, live concert

Hope its okay to post this here anyway...

We went to a live show last night and this afternoon (two venues), the California Pops Orchestra's "The Best of the Big Bands". The soloist for this show was a Jazz Harmonicist. Our entire family volunteers for this wonderful Orchestra.

Selections played- though not necessarily in this order:
Stompin' at the Savoy
Let's Dance
Duke Ellington medley
Hoagy Carmichael medley
Emily
Sing Sing Sing
Harlem Nocturne
You made me Love You
What's New?
Rock this Town
All of Me
Moonlight Serenade (DH and I foxtroted to this down and across the aisles at the show- here's what we wore:
361917052.jpg

JennyLou

Practically Family
Trumpet master

I am currently in love with Sergei Nakariakov, the virtuoso trumpeter from Russia. I've been listening to his music all day. I hope I can play like him (or Harry James) someday.

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Widebrim said:
I just purchased a used copy of that album (okay, CD...), and although the lead's voice is a bit too high for me, the CD does have some swingin' tunes on it.

Although I like this album I hadn't listened to it in years preferring to go straight to the source, their inspiration I imagine, Louis Jordan. One or two of the fellas (not the singer) from Indigo Swing left and started their own band Swing Session which is a better band by far...Really solid.

just_me

Practically Family
Nashville Skyline - Bob Dylan. Everytime I listen to this album it brings back memories of a great time in my life when this was always on the record player. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21