Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Our 13yo son is listening to Spike Jones is Murdering the Classics on a cassette player at the kitchen table, while I'm here at the computer nearby... He says his favorite is the song about "Oh, the Danube isn't blue its green..."

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Our 13yo son is listening to Spike Jones is Murdering the Classics on a cassette player at the kitchen table, while I'm here at the computer nearby... He says his favorite is the song about "Oh, the Danube isn't blue its green..."

I have that song!! It's hilarious! Spike Jones really was a legend. Such a pity he died so young.

klind65

One of the Regulars
What's playing now is "Judy Garland live at the Cocoanut Grove, 1959 with Freddie Martin's orchestra". Next up, will be " The Essential Cole Porter" to be followed by "Gus Arnheim and his orchestra in Hollywood 1928 - 1933." I also love the sound of Helen Forrest's voice - sublime!

klind65

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
The Fleischmann's Yeast Hour with Rudy Vallee, 12/13/1934. Tonight's guests -- Cole Porter, Buck and Bubbles, Beatrice Lillie, Henry Fonda, and William S. Hart.
Rudy Vallee - love his voice.:eusa_clap

LizzieMaine

Bartender
78s to steep the tea by --

Starting off the day with Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra, and his famous 1931 recording of Ferde Grofe's "Grand Canyon Suite," arranged by the composer himself. A definitive recording except for one thing -- I keep waiting to hear Johnny Roventini cawwwwwwwwwwling for Philllllllip Morrrrrrrisssssss.

Next up, Art (not yet Artie) Shaw and his New Music from 1937, and "Whistle While You Work," from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The second line of the lyric is not yet "Hitler Is A Jerk."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot