Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

R

Red Beard

I just read this whole thread and I'm surprised that almost nobody here listens to classic ( pre WW2) blues.
I'm a fan of almost all music from all times, but here's what I've listened to over the last week.

Son House, Charley Patton, Tom Waits, Bob Brozman, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Tuvan Throat Singing (amazing stuff), Robert Belfour, Blind Willie Johnson, Pantera, White Stripes, Blind Willie Mctell, Lane Hardin, J.B. Lenoir, Tool, Dock Boggs, Frank Hutchinson, Nick Drake, Skip James, Pink Floyd, R.L. Burnside, Reverend Gary Davis and Geechie Wiley.

Now that's a spread, if I may say so myself.lol

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Mozart Duo Sonatas for Violin and Viola

Duo No. 1, K. 423 in G Major
Duo No. 2, K. 424 in B flat Major

Jean Marie Leclair
Sonata, Op. 3, No. 4, in F Major

:coffee:

S

Samsa

JazzBaby said:
New addition to my iPod: 'Paint it Black' - The Rolling Stones.

Why didn't I add this sooner?! :eusa_doh:

This is THE summer song for me.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Doran said:
I love the squirrel nut zippers! Except for their name.

:eek:fftopic: The old Squirrel Nut Zippers candy factory is around the corner from the last place I lived. Sadly, it's been converted into upscale condos now. I should go back to check to see if the original name is still painted on the side of the building.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled music thread.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
I've been listening to a lot of random, mixed things on the iPod lately. The heaviest in rotation at the moment:

"Sam's Town" - The Killers
"The Chesterfield Broadcasts, Vol. 1" - The Andrews Sisters & the Glenn Miller Orchestra
"The Ultimate Collection" - The Brian Setzer Orchestra
"Straight Outta Lynwood" - Weird Al Yankovic
"City Morning Song" - Sarah Shannon
"So Red The Rose" - Arcadia
"Pet Sounds" - The Beach Boys
"Everything In Time" - No Doubt
"Return of Saturn" - No Doubt
"Opening Band" - Paul & Storm
"Purple Rain" - Prince & The Revolution
"Gilded Stars And Zealous Hearts" - Velocity Girl
"Bali" - The Wondermints
"SMiLE" - Brian Wilson
"A Night On Earth" - Brave Combo
"The Body Acoustic" - Cyndi Lauper
"Gold Medal" - The Donnas
"Seven And The Ragged Tiger" - Duran Duran
"Beautiful Garbage" - Garbage
"Vacation" - The Go-Go's
"The Night And I Are Still So Young" - The Heavy Blinkers
"Hawaii" - The High Llamas
"The Dangermen Sessions" - Madness
"It's Fun To Steal" - Mono Puff

Etc. etc. etc.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice mix, Mr Glee.
I just watched The Dreamers and so I've got Hendrix, the Doors, and Edith Piaf in my head. The last named party is more my cup of tea than the first two.

Technonut

Practically Family
Doran said:
Nice mix, Mr Glee.
I just watched The Dreamers and so I've got Hendrix, the Doors, and Edith Piaf in my head. The last named party is more my cup of tea than the first two.

I was ready to hit the rack.... But now you have me wanting to listen to The Doors.... :eusa_doh: Oh well, why not? Let's Rawk!

Let's see.... Start with "Light My Fire".... On to "Roadhouse Blues".... "Break On Through"... "L.A. Woman"... "Touch Me"

Loaded and cranked.... :D

EDIT: This is sounding great! I just may have to move on to The Moody Blues next.... ;)

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
It was Bessie Smith today, while I was ironing on my mangle...somehow, it just fit perfectly. For some reason, I also like to listen to Wynonie Harris while I iron.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Red Beard said:
I just read this whole thread and I'm surprised that almost nobody here listens to classic ( pre WW2) blues.
I'm a fan of almost all music from all times, but here's what I've listened to over the last week.

Son House, Charley Patton, Tom Waits, Bob Brozman, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Tuvan Throat Singing (amazing stuff), Robert Belfour, Blind Willie Johnson, Pantera, White Stripes, Blind Willie Mctell, Lane Hardin, J.B. Lenoir, Tool, Dock Boggs, Frank Hutchinson, Nick Drake, Skip James, Pink Floyd, R.L. Burnside, Reverend Gary Davis and Geechie Wiley.

Now that's a spread, if I may say so myself.lol

Wow-that is really quite a spread...you are the only person other than me and my ex-husband who even know about Tuvan Throat Singing-pretty amazing! The movie about it is pretty cool too. And I LOVE Bob Brozman, especially the album he did with Cyril Pahinui-"Four Hands Sweet and Hot". Son House makes me want to reconsider religion...if church was like the way he sings, I would be godly. I saw RL Burnside once, and I was blown away. I also saw Honeyboy Edwards a few years ago and I felt like I was watching God. Met the man, and he was OLD. But still there, you know?
Great list!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Was just a few (but very mixed bag) over the weekend...

Chicane - "Far from the Maddening Crowds" (I still love this album just as much as the 8 years ago I got it and never get sick of it, one of my very favourites)

A Benny Goodman best off compilation (quite different from Chicane!)

Volume 1 of Jazzmatazz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy