Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

benstephens

Practically Family
I seem to be listening to Strauss a lot at the moment. Mainly because I am trying to learn how to Waltz and Polka, so am playing it over and over again while I go through the steps!

Ben

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RedHotRidinHood said:
Wow-that is really quite a spread...you are the only person other than me and my ex-husband who even know about Tuvan Throat Singing-pretty amazing! The movie about it is pretty cool too. And I LOVE Bob Brozman, especially the album he did with Cyril Pahinui-"Four Hands Sweet and Hot". Son House makes me want to reconsider religion...if church was like the way he sings, I would be godly. I saw RL Burnside once, and I was blown away. I also saw Honeyboy Edwards a few years ago and I felt like I was watching God. Met the man, and he was OLD. But still there, you know?
Great list!

Oh, I LOVE tuvan throat singing. I have Deep in the Heart of Tuva on my "frequently play" pile.

K

killertomata

Listening to "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by The Andrews Sisters.

missmelly

One of the Regulars
I'm listening to...

For my birthday, I just got 3 Janet Klein & Her Parlor Boys CDs...very nice. Like Helen Kane.
I also received the Ella Fitzgerald sings the Rogers & Hart Songbook.
I'm wanting to buy a Fats Waller disc as I really like his music.

Cheers!

.:Miss Melly:.:)

K

killertomata

Can't listen to anything on the 'puter right now, I'm tagging a ton of OTR, but I do have Tar Paper Stomp in my head. :D

Barry

Practically Family
Two from my list tonight...

Descendents - Bikeage
Th' Legendary Shack Shakers - The Sheriff's Ranch for Boys

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hemingway Jones said:
I cannot get enough of Shostakovich's Jazz Suite #2. I recommend it to everyone. It is simply magical.

I'll put that on. I like his war stuff generally.

Today I've got Penderecki's Metamorphosen. Does anyone know this piece? I love it.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Harp said:
His Adagio Lady Macbeth is similarly enchanting. :)
I shall hit iTunes right now!

Penderecki is another I'll have to look for.

Michael Nyman's "Rochester's Farewell," a version of his earlier "If," which was used at the end of "The Libertine" is rather marvelous as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou