Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
killertomata said:
Can't listen to anything on the 'puter right now, I'm tagging a ton of OTR, but I do have Tar Paper Stomp in my head. :D
Whose rendition...Wingy Manone's, Papa Bue's or Dean Mora's?

My current earworm: A Little Angel Told Me So by Paul Pendarvis' Ork, perhaps the most understated sweet band of the mid 30s.

K

killertomata

Fletch said:
Whose rendition...Wingy Manone's, Papa Bue's or Dean Mora's?

That would be Wingy. :)

And nifty, I was just in the grocery store, land of usually really bad music piped in to the aisles, and instead I got to hear GM's In the Mood! That was a nice surprise.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Before going to the pub last night, it was a selection of Benny Goodman, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and all rounded off with our traditional pre-pub song La Grange by ZZ Top ;)

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My friend's grandmother died and my friend doesn't know jack about music, so I got about 30 CDs. This is what is on today's and yesterday's playlist:

1/ Mediocre tango compilation called "Tangos!"
2/ Folk Song American II from Smithsonian Recordings; I don't like it yet, it might need more listenings
3/ Louis Armstrong: Jeepers Creepers CD from a label called Golden Treasure
4/ Harry James "I've Heard that Song Before" CD also on Golden Treasure, excellent CD
5/ Don Neely's Royal Society Jazz Orchestra: "Roll Up the Carpet" CD my upstairs neighbor burned for me
And not from the grandmother:
1/ Probably some Einsturzende Neubauten later today: either Strategies Against Architecture or something else
2/ I'll drag out some LPs at some point: Swans, I think

shizzy

New in Town
I have pretty much left the Jazz station on in my car (radio sucks around here) and for some odd reason I have been listing to trance and orbital music.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Bit of a shindig last night with the neighbours which tapped its feet to Ronny Jordan, Mauracher, Manu Chao, New Order and Chicane.

All went very well with the gin ;)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Let's see...This morning I'm listening to The Dreggs..."Night of the living Dreggs"...Sort of an eclectic compilation from baroque to bluegrass....:eusa_clap

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm reviewing a real rarity -- about a dozen hours of local news coverage of the JFK assassination, airchecked off station WBAP in Fort Worth. Some of this is ABC and NBC Radio Network material, but much of it features first hand local reaction to the shooting and its aftermath. Fascinating listening.

The most bizarre bit heard thus far: after the first bulletin came in, the musical selection which followed immediately was Glenn Miller's "In The Mood."

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
I'm currently have 5 CDs in rotation-

Shut Down, Vol. 2 (The Beach Boys)
Roustabout/Viva Las Vegas (Elvis Presley)
Feels Like Today (Rascal Flatts)
It Might As Well Be Swing (Sinatra/Basie)
Timeless (Martina McBride)

Sunny

One Too Many
Broadway Is My Beat -
"From Times Square to Columbus Circle, the gaudiest, the most violent, the lonesomest mile in the world."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland