Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Bebop

Practically Family
I just finished listening to Diana Krall sing "The Look of Love". I think Diana Krall could sing Happy Birthday and I would get aroused. :eek: Her voice is very sexy. Her looks are not bad either. ;)

Gideon Ashe

One of the Regulars
imoldfashioned said:
Today it was the soundtrack from Woody Allen's Radio Days, a nice 40s compilation.

A wonderful film and a series of musical elements unsurpassed. "Ssou'se Aah-merican Way" (South American Way by Carmen Miranda) is a fantastic and fun romp.

I am listening to the Milestone CD "But Beautiful"
with the Bill Evans Trio and Stan Getz. Three fingers of Talisker and my Tonkinese Cat "Minky" in my lap.:)
It cannot get too much better than this

Flora

Familiar Face
Bebop said:
I just finished listening to Diana Krall sing "The Look of Love". I think Diana Krall could sing Happy Birthday and I would get aroused. :eek: Her voice is very sexy. Her looks are not bad either. ;)
Hahaha that made me laugh :D

I like Shirley Bassey a lot. Lovely lady.

Flora

Familiar Face
I just listened to the most boring symphonies by Epica and Octavia... THANK CHEESUS THEY'RE OVER! I'm so disappointed by Epica's horrible symphony. It pissssed me off.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Why I like going to the Goodwill nearly every day after work is to pick out low-cost LPs (75 cents) to listen to that evening. My pickings run the gamut and if it's no good, then no big financial loss. Yesterday I got a Sinatra album I'd never seen, Shirley Bassey, Henry Mancini, Great Movie Themes, The Fixx, Tears For Fears and...don't laugh...Spice Girls (mainly for the cover art). As you can now tell, I'm cheaply entertained.lol

carter

I'll Lock Up
Ok, now I'm really awake. Nearing the salad part of the day.

11:52 am and I'm listening to Ediat Piaf singing La vie en rose.

Here's to the ladies who lunch! Cheers!

Mr. K.L.Bowers

One of the Regulars
Big Band

Right now, at work, “THE BEST OF THE BIG BANDS, VOL.1”. Artie Shaws’s Nightmare is playing.

Quigley , I live right over the hill near Hagersbush. You an I have probably frequented the same Goodwills and thrift stores. The Rescue Mission up here is a better site for me.

Fast

Familiar Face
Right Now. . .

While reading the posts, Jane Monheit's In the Sun, and Come Dream With Me
before that John Lewis, Bach's preludes and fugues volumes 1-3.

Carpe Diem
Fast

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fast said:
While reading the posts, Jane Monheit's In the Sun, and Come Dream With Me
before that John Lewis, Bach's preludes and fugues volumes 1-3.

Carpe Diem
Fast

I will never be separate from the Little Fugue in g minor as well as the Great Fugue in g minor.

fernande

Vendor
Hi- I'm new other than some beauty/glamma related posts for the ladies-

Janis Martin and Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, I love slightly lovelorn music- you can fast forward these sentiments to other request listens to The Cure, The Cocteau Twins, ect.

I love Keely Smith- Of course her stuff with Louis Prima is great, but I like the recordings she did by herself even more. Sam Butera and the witnesses have some great recordings (and were a great live show!)

I have a great Chess Records Blues compilation that has a great deal of Howlin' Wolf. John Lee Hooker- I love the double vocal recordings. (now you can see where TV on The Radio got some of their ideas! ha)

For new stuff, I have been really into and excitedly following a band from London called "Vincent Vincent and the Villians"- happy to see they got a major deal with Epic- I wouldn't rouse anyone's angers by saying they are "rockabilly" - but they definately have a "retro/50's" sound. (and are quite snappy dressers!) www.myspace.com/vincentvincentandthevillians

There is another band in london I like quite a bit called The Guillotines- I definately hear a bit of Tom Waits amd Nick Cave in this- its kind of noisy and very raw, but for a change- its kind of fun. When I just feel like blasting music. (which is often) www.myspace.com/headswillrockandroll

James Hunter is great too.

If I'm listening to Vinyl, it completely changes- I have a great record called "Ann Corio's how to strip for your husband" which is great, for both burlesque activities- and just to play at parties.
Rachmoninoff, John Cage, Chett Baker, Gene Pitney, The Flying Burrito bros, Diamanda Galas..

Its rainy today- any rainy day in new york- any rainy day musical suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner