Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
LOL. At least you can judge that record by it's cover.

Interestingly, Zappa said they were better than The Beatles (supposedly, not tongue-in-cheek) and there continues to be dispute over whether they are awful or genius.

After listening to the album and the title song many, many times... I'm not quite sure. On one level, they do remind me of a pop Ornette Coleman. But, unlike Coleman, I suspect that is purely accidental on their part.

Interesting article here... https://www.google.com/amp/www.newyorker.com/magazine/1999/09/27/meet-the-shaggs/amp

Their story is pretty sad and tragic really. Not much of a childhood that's for sure.

Last edited:
Interestingly, Zappa said they were better than The Beatles (supposedly, not tongue-in-cheek) and there continues to be dispute over whether they are awful or genius.

After listening to the album and the title song many, many times... I'm not quite sure. On one level, they do remind me of a pop Ornette Coleman. But, unlike Coleman, I suspect that is purely accidental on their part.

Interesting article here... https://www.google.com/amp/www.newyorker.com/magazine/1999/09/27/meet-the-shaggs/amp

Their story is pretty sad and tragic really. Not much of a childhood that's for sure.

I think Frank's tongue was firmly in his cheek there.

He also suggested Alice Cooper change their name to "Alice Cookies."

Go figure.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

There are probably 150 versions of "Blue Christmas". What is your favorite? I have this vinyl album...

blue-christmas-rare-1984-lp-vinyl-album-with-15-great-recordings-of-this-christmas-classic-plus-5-hard-to-find-other-christmas-hits_207909.jpg

...but like this version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore