Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Discovered this band almost 30 years ago, but haven't listened to them much lately. This post is for @BobHufford because, for some reason, I think he'll like this band. I call it "Psychedelic Bluegrass."

The theme song for Southwestern Ohio from November until March:

That's awesome. Never heard them before.

Fantastic stuff. Thanks!

I need make no comment about Ripple. It is implied.

Stay warm.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
This song was part of the soundtrack during my 1994 new year's trip to Fairfield, CT with friends from college.

Very, very, very drunk for 3 straight days... When I left there, I felt as if my soul had been ground down with sandpaper. I'm not quite sure how I made it back to Virginia alive.

Hope Sandoval has one of the most haunting voices I have ever heard...

I led a pretty sheltered popular-music life as a child. It was probably 1972 before I really was exposed to something other than what my parents listened to. After this song came out in 1974 I heard the original by The Beatles on the radio and thought that someone had done a bad cover of it. Please forgive me ... but I still like Elton's version just a bit more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace