Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Back when I was in my early 20s, I finagled an invite to the grand opening of a club in town - all the Kool Kids were there that night.

The live music was a group called Medicine Wheel, who came out and played a solid set of Country Rock/Pop. During the set, I joked with my friend that the guitarist was a "Jimi Hendrix wannabe," because he kept doing flashy things like playing behind his head or with his teeth. At the end of their set, the keyboardist, another guitarist, and I think a violinist left the stage leaving the bassist, drummer, and "Jimi."

Turns out we'd been making fun of Bill Bartlett all night and we were privy to winding up the evening with a rousing Black Betty.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just discovered the group Mele Ho’oilino (Which translates to something like “vintage music”).
They have an album of Hawaiian Swing/Big Band.
A lot of the lyrics are in the Hawaiian language.
am listening to it on Spotify.
If I close my eyes, I can sort of imagine being in Honolulu in the 1930s, before the place was destroyed by mass tourism. ;)

Last edited:

Rumad

One Too Many
The soundtrack for this evenings meal, from Texas USA.

Attachments

• 29EFC4C8-ADF6-4420-BBCE-577D01666EE9.jpeg
    29EFC4C8-ADF6-4420-BBCE-577D01666EE9.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 43

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner