Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Berlin

Practically Family
Best "Unchained Melody" version ever. From Robson Green and Jerome Flynn. And oh, I was soooo in love with Robson Green as a young girl with the age of 8!

[video=youtube;f5UlB4Yw1wQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5UlB4Yw1wQ[/video]

LizzieMaine

Bartender
78s to be glad to finally see the sun again by --

Now playing, it's 1932 with Emil Coleman and his Orchestra, and a snappy Smith Ballew vocal on "I'm Getting Myself Ready For You." "I've cut out eggs and turkey legs, with corned beef hash I'm all thru..." Well, what good are you then?

Next, skipping ahead to 1934 for one of the more rollicking A-R-C discs of the moment, this one credited to "Adrian's (Rollini's) Ramblers," who carry on rowdy for a tune made famous by the Boswell Sisters, "Why Don't You Practice What You Preach?" Chick Bullock, inevitably, offers the vocal.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Fred Rich And His Hotel Astor Orchestra - 1929

[video=youtube;vd_tOk9gsIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd_tOk9gsIk[/video]

5280936d.jpg
<<<<< that's not Fred Rich Orch. it's just that i like that 1920's guy on the right talking on his cell phone :D

LizzieMaine

Bartender
He wants to know if there's still time to make it to the Chaplin premiere.

Meanwhile, 78s to wait for the house to warm up enough to take a shower in by --

Starting off in 1937 with Teddy Wilson and his Orchestra demonstrating that integration was alive and well in the A. R. C. studios, offering Helen Ward on the vocal for "It's Swell Of You." Great version of a great song from a great movie from a great year.

Next, we stay in 1937 -- which is the only reasonable thing to do if you find yourself there -- for Bernie Cummins and his Orchestra and a smooth version of "The Lady Is A Tramp. Miss Connie Barleau declares her independence in the vocal. Obviously the lady is also a disciple of Marjorie Hillis.

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
How about Dave Apollon. I've always loved this video & watch this guy move

[video=youtube;Z4SFn5avl_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4SFn5avl_E[/video]

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
78s to wait for the house to warm up enough to take a shower in by --
Most of us use the bathroom for that.

"It's Swell Of You."
"When you're gone my clothes will smell of you..."

Next, we stay in 1937 -- which is the only reasonable thing to do if you find yourself there --
Avoid airships, steel and auto plants, and large cities in China. And if Amelia Earhart invites you to go island hopping, DON'T!

Obviously the lady is also a disciple of Marjorie Hillis.
The author of Marry a Grocer, At Least You'll Eat?

Last edited:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
During the daily commute, listened to my mp3 player with Christmas music. Highlights for the week: Perry Como's promise to be home for Christmas, The Blenders' entertaining but weird but entertaining combo of Walk on the Wild Side and Santa's Coming to Town, Percy Faith's beautiful arrangements of classic Christmas hymns, and Lionel Hampton's take on Merry Christmas, Baby.

Today, listened to the score of Elf, while running errands, the John Debney score, not the collection of songs on the soundtrack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner