Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

The Shoe

One Too Many
I`ve heard a lot of Hallelujah covers that were very good indeed but not so many Marianne covers. This one was quite different from the original. Can`t recall Straitjackets I`ll have to look them up when I get a chance. I think that Marianne was a girl/woman from Norway not far from where I`m now living.
The album Hail, which this comes from is just phenomenal. They only released three albums - Hail, Melt and Blow. Lay Down in Splendour comes from Melt, which was almost as good as Hail. Blow came after one of the key members had left. It’s pretty good, but doesn’t compare to the other two.

You can find the full Hail album on YouTube.

The Shoe

One Too Many
A little travelling music...

Here’s one you’ve likely never heard.
When Stevie Ray Vaughan came to New Zealand, he became great friends with little known NZ bluesman, Midge Marsden.
Midge Marsden had done a TV commercial for Europa, a petrol company that later went under. The music on the commercial was fantastic, and became a regular part of his live shows - and his live shows were always great fun.
Anyway, the follow up commercial featured both Midge Marsden and Stevie Ray:
Stevie Ray married a New Zealand model, so was a regular visitor to our shores. On his last tour, I was a poor university student, so, figuring I’d have plenty of chances to see him, I decided to save my money. Not too long after, the accident happened and I’ve regretted it ever since.

basbol13

A-List Customer
I was 10 at the time and don't really remember it. A friend's sister had this 45 and I remember hearing it while at his house.
I was a lot older and I remember him well he used to dance at the end of the show the women would give him handkerchiefs which he'd wipe the sweat with and give it back and he'd kiss them also while he was dancing. It was said that he built up his male parts and wear tight pants to show it off.....sort of scuzzy if you ask me

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Birney.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner