Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Augiemarch.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
"Virgil Thomson" by Virgil Thomson.

Boring about 80% .... but that 20% where he talks about his life in Paris in the 1920s makes it worthwhile .

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Rex Stout's "In the Best Families" Archie finds himself on his own returning to the Brownstone to find the door wide open and a note addressed to A.G. that reads "...don't look for me. N.W."

Good stuff, if you like the Nero Wolfe books

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Two Austrian writers from the 20's and 30's. The first is Robert Walser, about whom I can only advise anyone to read Susan Sontag's piece on him. Peculiar, beautiful, and absolutely engrossing. There is truly no one quite like him. The other is Robert Musil, who wrote only one book -- The Man Without Qualities --, which he wrote over the course of his life. Besides the masterful descriptions (see his description of a nightclub singer in the early part of the book), his telling of the takeover of the world by the modern businessman and the very beginnings of Nazism are unparalelled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112