Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Salv

One Too Many
I finished the Elvis Cole novels and started on the pile of Hard Case titles, but got waylaid by Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. Very funny indeed.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Jane

Mid-fogey said:
My last two before that were A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. These were leather bound and gold edged books I found in a WalMart for 6 dollars each. They had a variety of those books there and I wish I had bought many more.

:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Micawber

A-List Customer
I recently read The Horse in the Furrow first published nearly fifty years ago and concerns the history, use and decline of the Suffolk heavy horse (Suffolk Punch) .

I have just finished re-reading the Norfolk Fowler by Alan Savory published in 1953 which is an account of the authors wildfowling and game shooting exploits from the early 20th Cent., to WWII.

V

VargasBaby

Hmm..I've been trying to finish reading "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova. It's a really interesting take on the Dracula genre, but she gets very slow in parts and bouncing back and forth between the three different stories being expressed can cause a headache from time to time.

Overall, I'm liking it. Just makes it a little slower to get through.

Generally overall I tend to red sci-fi/fantasy stuff. The occasional bodice ripper for fluff, too.

Edward

Bartender
Salv said:
I finished the Elvis Cole novels and started on the pile of Hard Case titles, but got waylaid by Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. Very funny indeed.

Superb, isn't it? I got waylaid by it too. I loved that it is so funny, irreverant and yet reverant at the same time. I'd love to know whether the author is religious himself. Kept me guessing right up to the end too whether he was gonig to go with something very unorthodox or not relating to the crucifixtion - I'll not say more here, thinking of those who haven't read it and might.

Salv

One Too Many
Edward said:
Superb, isn't it? I got waylaid by it too. I loved that it is so funny, irreverant and yet reverant at the same time. I'd love to know whether the author is religious himself. Kept me guessing right up to the end too whether he was gonig to go with something very unorthodox or not relating to the crucifixtion - I'll not say more here, thinking of those who haven't read it and might.

I haven't finished it yet, so I'm grateful that you didn't say any more. I'm at the bit where Josh and Biff are with Gaspar, and Big Furry has just appeared.

V

VargasBaby

Harp said:

What? *innocent blink*

Every now and again a little mindless fluff of romance and a girl being swept off her feet certainly puts a smile on one's face...not to mention a slight blush.

Gotta mix the fun with the thought provoking you know! ;)

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Right now I just finished "Man on the Moon" by Andrew Chaikin. It's the story of the Apollo program. Quite a brick and now I'm about to read it again because it's so damn good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic