Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Mario

I'll Lock Up
How do you find it? I found that one and the last one (White Jazz) to be my least favorites of the LA Quartet. The two middle ones were my favorites.

I find it a good read but since it's my first Ellroy and the first of the LA Quartet I have no comparison yet. I'll let you know as soon as I'm through and done with the other three books.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I just finished my 6th Modigliani bio .. verrrry nice as I thought it would be!

and last night i started and finished a book on Pascin...very disappointed very little bio on the man too little on his death his suicide his writing on a wall with his blood Good Bye Lucie(his lover) .... thats what I wanted to read not about his pictures...... it was all photos ... I don't give a fig about photos of pictures he painted ... give me photos of the person and his homes and loves and all that ... very little bio of the man.

I am giving an arm an a leg for a proper bio on Pascin. Anybody can help? Thank You.

cw3pa

A-List Customer
Just finished "The Cold Dish" by Craig Johnson. The first in the Walt Longmire mystery series. And have started "Death Without Company". Not bad if you like a murder mystery with a contemporary western flair and a bit of old Cheyenne lore thrown in. Similar to Tony Hillerman.

DameWhoDrinks

Familiar Face
I read about three or four books at once. Right now, im finishing up Memoirs of a Muppet Writer by Joseph Bailey, very funny, so sweet. Im about to start Harpo Speaks! and probably The lady's room. For school, i'm reading Sophie's World and Grendel. Oy. There is also a book of story versions of episodes of Are you being served that I might add to my purse.

Murphy

New in Town
Currently reading Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck

Two books waiting are

Brighton Rock by Graham Greene
The Power-House by John Buchan

after that what I can find in the library

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt by Caroline Preston. A wonderfully charming novel told in scrapbook format - full of vintage images from the 1920s. A brilliant concept that really worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner