Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
GRRM is having trouble with A Dance with Dragons, he often posts on his Livejournal that he is struggling with, and rewriting, various bits of it. He told me at Comicon last year that it would be out at the beginning of this! :eusa_doh: I neeeeed to read the next one!

I am also looking forward to seeing what HBO do with ASOIAF I must say.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Lancealot said:
A buddy of mine has opened a comicbook store and I have had the cahnce to llok at them. They look very good. I'm waiting for the trade paperback to come out then I'll buy them.

The Hedge Knight has been out as a TPB for a while, I got mine signed at Comicon. I have been informed they are re-releasing it with a short prose story as an extra though.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Fleur De Guerre
GRRM is having trouble with A Dance with Dragons, he often posts on his Livejournal that he is struggling with, and rewriting, various bits of it. He told me at Comicon last year that it would be out at the beginning of this! I neeeeed to read the next one!

He's been struggling with this book for at least a couple of years now. I suspect this cycle really needs more than four books but he has always said it would wrap in four. Personally, it could last for twice that many (ala Robt. Jordan) and his fans wouldn't mind. I agree regarding your
. Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed that he really does publish this year. Meanwhile, why not reread the 1st three books and the Hedge Knight short novels. Then you'll be totally up to date when volume IV is published.
I'm off to man the Wall now.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
Meanwhile, why not reread the 1st three books and the Hedge Knight short novels. Then you'll be totally up to date when volume IV is published.
I'm off to man the Wall now.

Don't you mean re-read the first 5? Well, in this country at least A Storm of Swords was published in 2 volumes, but it still makes it 4 preceeding novels before this one!

Plus, I have now read each one at least 4 times, it's not fair on the other books to show such favouritism! lol

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
Just finished Rumpole and the Reign of Terror by John Mortimer. A refreshing look at current events by way of an Old Bailey hack.

I love the Rumpole books, the characters, and the TV series. I got started on the TV show because Leo McKern was one of my favorite actors. I've since read all the stories in print, and some of Mortimer's non-Rumpole books, as well. John Mortimer is a fabulous writer whose characters are easily believable.

But don't take my word for it. Take his books for a test drive, er, read.

Barry

Practically Family
I'm enjoying some graphic novels and flipping through a Manhwa book.

The Yellow "M" (Edgar P. Jacobs)
Smoke (De Campi / Kordey)

and

Hotel California by JTK

Barry

Paratrooper

Familiar Face
Well I finished reading The Kalevala. got through all 50 runo (well I did skip 2 they were the ones on the advice to the bride and groom, I'm married for 8 yrs so they don't apply to me [huh] )

carter

I'll Lock Up
Just finished Secret Servant by Daniel Silva.

Think I'll read one of the 40's potboilers [I picked up this week] on the plane home tomorrow.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Bye-the-Bard

From Jack Lynch's Becoming Shakespeare:
"A typical year now sees around 1,500 new articles, 650 new books,
200 new editions, and 100 new doctoral dissertations devoted to Shakespeare." :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo