Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you watching?

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
I went to see The Bourne Ultimatum today - good action flick.

As for TV - Thank heavens for TiVO/DVR and for letting me watch what I want when I want to watch it!

Here are my favorite current shows:

Battlestar Galactica (the new series)\
Nip/Tuck
Damages
The Shield
John From Cincinnati
Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
Heroes

Here are my favorite shows that are no longer on TV:

The original Star Trek
MASH
Wings (the sitcom)
The Vicar of Dibley (BBC)
Deadwood
ROME

The great thing about the shows I currently like are that it seems as though there are only two on during any given season - right now Damages and John From Cincinnati are one but the others are on hiatus - and when Nip/Tuck, Battlestar, and Heroes come on again the others will be on hiatus. So it's pretty much about 2 hours of TV for me each week and the rest of the time I leave on news if I have the TV on at all.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Foyle's War on Swedish telly (Svensk TV1 if any Scandinavians are wondering where it's on at the mo), NRK2's been showing Blackadder (the Elizabethan one) and so we're watching that for the nth time, and Magnum PI.

But mostly the Animal and History channels, and the good old BBC World Service.

RIOT

Practically Family
Just finished watching THIS IS ENGLAND on InDemand. Oi! Makes me want to shave my head again!

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
House of Elliot! just posted all about it on the Moving Picture board, needed to again... because it is just that fantastic :)

51JT2E50MXL._AA240_.jpg

S

Samsa

Just finished watching "Blanc" from Kieslowski's superb "Trois Couleurs" trilogy. All three of the movies are great. My Netflix queue is now packed with his films "The Double Life of Veronique" and "Decalogue" (the latter of which is a series of films).

V

VargasBaby

The only show I try to catch regularly anymore is HEREOS. I love that show.

I'm really kinda looking forward to The Bionic Woman this season too.

I guess I'm one of those that flips through channels and stops on something interesting, then gets hooked.

I discovered Hex that way and loved it. Too bad it was cancelled.

I really just kinda miss the 'old' sitcoms that I used to watch as a kid. I love the dramas that are on now, when I remember to watch them or what not, but I really get nostalgic for a feel good family sitcom. Then again, I'm weird. ;)

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
AlanC said:
Jeeves & Wooster on DVD
24 (current season)
House, MD
Rome (HBO series)--I rented and watched the first two episodes last week. Honestly, it's more 'HBO adult' than I like, but I enjoy historical drama and it is done well.
The Illusionist--watched this with my wife on DVD last week. Recommended.
Sherlock Holmes--I'm always returning to the Jeremy Brett DVDs
Gilmore Girls--yes, with my wife. It's actually not too bad when you get into it. Ah, the things I do for love. ;)

Ivanhoe on DVD. I got the A&E/BBC mini-series on DVD but haven't started it yet.

I'm right there with your assessment of Rome, but I do like the way Titus seems to get intertwined into all sorts of intrigue in an "everyman" sort of way. It does seem to take a "Sopranos of the ancient world" quality. I wonder if they had a bordello that went by the name "Bada Bing"?

Loved Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes. I never realized how desperately ill he was while making that series.

Rumpole of the Bailey. Leo McEarn (sp) was always fun to watch.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Katie Brookes said:
House of Elliot! just posted all about it on the Moving Picture board, needed to again... because it is just that fantastic :)

51JT2E50MXL._AA240_.jpg

"Is there NOTHING father wouldn't spend his money on but us?!"

Oh, those clever Eliott girls!

carter

I'll Lock Up
I'm a TIVO convert hooked on BBCA.

MI5
Hotel Babylon
Dr. Who
Torchlight

Now that Prison Break is back, I'm in.
Looking forward to the return of Lost.

Did anyone else watch The Killers last night? I'm glad I Tivo'd it along with The Fountainhead, Anna Karenina, & Edge of Darkness.

Now to find time to watch them all.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The Mayflower Pilgrims: Behind The Myth.The link should take you to the BBC I-Player, but I don't know if it can be viewed outside the UK.
It was tortuously slow, yet still fascinating. Slow because the re-enactment came from the diaries of the settlers, no director's poetic licence to make it sexy. Fascinating because Europeans don't celebrate Thanksgiving and this program gives the origins of that celebration. The nearest that Brits have is The Harvest Festival, but that's only a semi-religious festival, certainly not a public holiday.

Another program that I'm currently watching, also on BBC, is My Mother and Other Strangers. A five part drama series set in WW2. Tonight was episode three. The link will give you a brief outline, so I won't post any spoilers because this is seriously good drama and chances are it will be seen abroad.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24