Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

cpdv

One of the Regulars
cpdv,
Man,that 1st pic (grad)
i LOVE the suit !
Shoes are Great too. I like to see a bit of wear (on the footwear not so much on the clothing);)
That suit is a Sears Roebuck from about 1976 that my father had altered to give it a bit of an late 20s early 30s look. It's a nice summer weight wool. It was my first "real" suit that he gave to me for my 8th grade graduation dance (I went to a private catholic school so graduation was a bigger deal than in the public school system) I got a few friends outfitted with fedoras and we looked like we were running a protection racket lol I think i've got a pic somewhere i'll put up for grins. I really havn't grown since I was 14 more or less so I still wear it all the time.
And i've worn my stacy adams madison boots to death.

Last edited:
It's been awhile since I've posted here, but I had to show off. My oldest graduated from High School yesterday. I'm wearing a Brooks Brothers suit with my NOS Schoble Warburton.

View attachment 1955

Nice to see a family dressed up for a special occasion. Too often, I see families dressed slovenly at graduation which somewhat demeans the moment and bothers me. Congratulations all around to you and yours!
:D

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Work clothes from Thursday:
db-conversion-1_zpsf4c3e7d1.jpg

It's a vintage German jacket that I got from Fastuni. It appears to be a double breasted that has been converted to single breasted - something which was popular in Germany in the 1940s as a result of clothing shortages.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's a vintage German jacket that I got from Fastuni. It appears to be a double breasted that has been converted to single breasted - something which was popular in Germany in the 1940s as a result of clothing shortages.
Looking good Two Types, I actually prefer the single breasted look. The brown pin stripe that I had made, I ordered as single breasted. It just seems to sit better with the waistcoat.
We are going to a belated Gatsby Party tonight, belated because the night club couldn't book the 1920's/30's band that they wanted until today. I'm getting presure to wear the blue pin strip zoot, but my wife has made a black flapper dress, complete with fringes, so I shall wear my white tux. Now that is double breasted.

The trousers though, are not dress pants, they are 30's style, black zoot pants. Two tone black & white patent leather shoes, white, starched dress shirt and white bow tie to complete the line up.
I'll put up some pics after the event.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Looking good Two Types, I actually prefer the single breasted look. The brown pin stripe that I had made, I ordered as single breasted. It just seems to sit better with the waistcoat.
We are going to a belated Gatsby Party tonight, belated because the night club couldn't book the 1920's/30's band that they wanted until today. I'm getting presure to wear the blue pin strip zoot, but my wife has made a black flapper dress, complete with fringes, so I shall wear my white tux. Now that is double breasted.

The trousers though, are not dress pants, they are 30's style, black zoot pants. Two tone black & white patent leather shoes, white, starched dress shirt and white bow tie to complete the line up.
I'll put up some pics after the event.
Not to be an ass but i'm sure you know that zoots and 1922 don't mix at all. Perhaps a pair of black highwater almost skinny trousers with about 2 inch cuffs instead?

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Today at the Jazz age lawn party. 1926 dated suit jacket, '30s tie, '30s suit pants, '50s panama hat, modern shirt and shoes. Holding my recently acquired 1939 NY Worlds Fair "Can-O-Seat", which I was inspired to buy from my recent obsession with world fairs and dhermann1, who owns a much better condition version!
CIMG52612_zps7eeae4cd.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
Very nice!!

1920s Stetson Expo, 1940s Suit & Shoes, 1950s Shirt, everything else is modern. Apologies for the poor photo.

00126.jpg

Man your really getting some milage with that hat , is that your new recent purchase , the one with the "fur" look to the felt ,it's really sharp and so are you !

Today being Fathers Day and all ,this is what I wore to church .

All the Best , Fashion Frank

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Frank!! They do look alike, but the one you are thinking of is the Feiges Beaver (left), which is a bit older than the Stetson (right).

00223.jpg

Frank, I do say I hope to be as stylin' as you!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Today at the Jazz age lawn party. 1926 dated suit jacket, '30s tie, '30s suit pants, '50s panama hat, modern shirt and shoes. Holding my recently acquired 1939 NY Worlds Fair "Can-O-Seat", which I was inspired to buy from my recent obsession with world fairs and dhermann1, who owns a much better condition version!
CIMG52612_zps7eeae4cd.jpg
Well compliments to you. I have to say your Can-O-Seat looks rather gorgeous. I like that funny little fold up chair in your other hand too.
Not to be an ass but i'm sure you know that zoots and 1922 don't mix at all. Perhaps a pair of black highwater almost skinny trousers with about 2 inch cuffs instead?
You are not being an ass at all. I couldn't be bothered to go into the why's and wherefore's of the said pressure. Last night's charity ball, Great Gatsby themed, was put on by a sailing club. Last New Year's Eve, my wife and I were asked, well, sort of gently arm twisted, to give a few exhibition dances at the said NYE party. Years ago, we were competitive ballroom dancers. I turned up in a zoot suit and it seemed that every male there suddenly wanted one. That's how the pressure came about. When members of the sailing club found out that I would be there, I had more texts than you can shake a stick at saying: "Are you gonna wear your zoot?" I didn't let the side down. This link will let you see what we looked like. And then photos 83 to 90 we are in too, as well as many more. I think that there are 152 pics all told. Have a peruse. http://bit.ly/14Eguk5

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Just relaxing, wearing one of my favourite tropical shirts. I call it The Woody, for obvious reasons, wearing it with a bottle green pair of 50's pegs, and two tone green and ivory gibsons. This is a previous pic, it only shows the shirt, I was wearing different pants and shoes when it was taken.
View attachment 1979

Last edited:

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Thank you kindly Gin&Tonics and Mattface. Nice double-breasted coat and hat! I'm not too fond of that buttoning stance, I prefer mine to be in the Duke of Kent style.

As for hats, I will give wider brims a chance.. Some people consider hat wearing costume and wearing a hat that overwhelms doesn't help.

Anyhoo, today I wore this. Again, many thanks to Splintercellz for the nice coat!

lgbmkmZ.jpg

Excuse the bad photo quality and bad stance. I was tired at the time. It has a nice plaid pattern, a little wide on the shoulders and it has a strong emphasizes on the upper half of the body. I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto