Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
Good morning. A walkabout in a Stetson. The other Stetson, Stephen L. Stetson.

i-g7gnPMw-M.jpg

i-2PQRZbj-M.jpg

i-z5cxsgx-M.jpg

I changed into a green hued Adam gilled fedora when I arrived home.

i-ZJnXjJt-M.jpg

i-JCZWTLb-M.jpg

i-jTBX85Z-M.jpg

The temp on the deck has warmed to 36'f (2'c) and I changed into a Playboy Air Light for more coffee. This Air Light has a snowflake crown vent. The unreeded sweatband and extremely light felt make this hat very comfortable to wear about.

i-J4mXrR8-M.jpg

i-3pxbVmn-M.jpg

i-tJLGNPX-M.jpg

i-R9PfFzJ-M.jpg

This Stetson Playboy has a bound edge treatment.

i-7WWFS2n-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Always a treat to view your daily offerings, Eric!

Very cool!

It seems “Berlin W.” was a formal division of (what is now) Berlin-Mitte that was further divided into numbers. That’s why Steve’s hatbox says “Berlin W. 8”. I did not know this, and it is interesting to learn about.

Also interesting, it seems the Berlin Wall ran straight through Berlin W. 8 so that even though the original 157 Friedrichstrasse address for this hat maker was on the western side, the original post office for Berlin W. 8 was on the Soviet side (at le

ast according to this webpage:

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=28984)

20th Century German history is so very complicated and your hat collection bears the marks of those complications - fascinating stuff, thanks for sharing!

Very cool!

It seems “Berlin W.” was a formal division of (what is now) Berlin-Mitte that was further divided into numbers. That’s why Steve’s hatbox says “Berlin W. 8”. I did not know this, and it is interesting to learn about.

Also interesting, it seems the Berlin Wall ran straight through Berlin W. 8 so that even though the original 157 Friedrichstrasse address for this hat maker was on the western side, the original post office for Berlin W. 8 was on the Soviet side (at least according to this webpage:

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=28984)

20th Century German history is so very complicated and your hat collection bears the marks of those complications - fascinating stuff, thanks for sharing!
I am fairly certain the building didn't survive WWII. Same as the Habig Berlin store.

3864739911_7112ce3167_o.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I am fairly certain the building didn't survive WWII. Same as the Habig Berlin store.

3864739911_7112ce3167_o.jpg
That wouldn’t surprise me, I think most of Berlin-Mitte was flattened. Here is a wiki article for the Berlin W.8 post office. It’s only in German but it does have a few sentences about the destruction and rebuilding efforts. I wish I could find more definitive information about Berlin W online.

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postamt_Berlin_W_8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points