Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

cpdv

One of the Regulars
I found it off season on eBay for around $90. Im not too familiar with the company but I love norfolks and I needed a warm weather one.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
suit in blue oxford cotton, linen bow tie and boater. Summer is here!

IMG_0046.jpg

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
I wore this new jacket today.

9pIACnM.jpg

AS9ytKM.jpg

Does anyone know the name of this sleeve treatment? The history of it? This jacket belonged to the Burbank Studios Wardrobe and the vents were sewn shut too so what period is the jacket trying to emulate?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
@Hamilcar

A barrel type cuff would be called ¨French cuff¨, this one has an overlap with buttons and resembles what would be called a ¨Swedish cuff¨ (at least on uniforms).

cpdv

One of the Regulars
I approve of all uses of Boaters I wear mine almost exclusively during the summer. I often get asked if I'm in a musical group haha but thats alright.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Late forties/early fifties American jacket and tie.

Beautiful sport coat. Would you call it a houndstooth with blue windowpane? Takes some skill to wear a jacket like that and not be loud, but you nail it with the pattern matching

Patrick's boater photo inspired me to post this. This was a couple weeks ago...

Nice, sparing use of seersucker Tommy, and kudos on the boater!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Would you call it a houndstooth with blue windowpane? Takes some skill to wear a jacket like that and not be loud, but you nail it with the pattern matching

Thanks. I don't know what I'd call it. It isn't quite the traditional houndstooth in that the weave is very loose and textured. I've never been sure about this jacket until I wore it with that tie. Suddenly everything seemed to come together.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Notice the flare to the jacket. It's one of my favorites made of a lightweight tweed of olive brown and tan herringbone with orange and french blue pinstripes. The shoes are Allen Edmonds Hamptons which are a rerelease of one of their original shoes from 1922. And despite it being not as comfortable as later collars the high rounded starched to death collar is my favorite look. I thought I pulled off 1922-24 pretty well.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Nice! I'm not a big fan of the black and white spectators to that grey suit, and I don't think that the cap work with this either. But the suit is great, seems to fit well, and I really love the shirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21